Date Posted: 11/7/2022 3:58:37 PM
Location: Shelby, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $120,000 - $140,000
Orion Talent is helping a client hire a Senior Field Application Engineer in Shelby, MI
Position Description: Working from a remote office, this function requires a self-motivated, innovative, and dedicated individual who wants to work with and solve our customers’ fastening problems. This position will be required to initiate, facilitate as well as drive various technical business problem-solving and product and / or process re-engineering projects in collaboration with clients. This position will also be involved in generating and managing multiple technical requirements from various sources and dealing with assigned and potential customers. Responsible for conducting product and technical training for our customers. Responsible for driving the adoption / specification of products across our customers product lines. He/she must always conduct his/herself in a professional manner and work to perform all job duties with minimal supervision. This individual is our major source of technical support who serves as the liaison between the customer and their engineering department and will develop and coordinate strategic plans for world-class technical coverage at assigned accounts. Proposes new product concepts, and is expected to make recommendations to improve products, processes, and performance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or Engineering Technology required.
• 5+ years engineering design experience required.
• Experience using 3D modeling software.
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to coordinate engineering activities within a sales and marketing function.
• Effective communication skills including the ability to make presentations internally and externally is necessary.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain professionalism in all interactions with customers and internal teams.
• Proven project leadership ability.
• Successful record of completing Sales / Marketing or Engineering assignments.
• Must possess a strong working knowledge of the various techniques and materials used in manufacturing mechanical fasteners.
• Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally by air.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Independently utilize engineering principles, training, and knowledge in the execution of duties with emphasis on mechanical problem solving.
• The liaison between the customer’s Engineering Department and Sales / Marketing and Engineering Departments acting as an extension of the engineering department in the field.
• Maintain a high level of technical competency in all areas relating to designing special products that meet the needs of our customers. This may include metal forming and cutting, plastic molding and assembly. Computer literacy is required to utilize quoting, CAD, and Pro E system tools.
• Maintain a high level of awareness in Manufacturing, Quality, NPD, Sales and Marketing disciplines relating to new customer applications.
• Makes recommendations to direct supervisor to improve product design, product manufacturability, quoting process and productivity.
• High visibility through the efforts to coordinate and collaborate with various functions including but not limited to Sales and Marketing, New Product Development, Manufacturing and Engineering just to name a few of the great teams with whom you will interact
• Developing Special quotations
• Conducting Product/Technical Presentations
• Reviewing designs with Engineering and Manufacturing for approval/suggestions
• Creating Pro E drawings
• Coordinating application testing/specs with the company and the customer, rep or distributor.
• Product design
• Performs his/her duties completely in a professional manner and with minimal supervision.
• Interpret and provide design direction, input to company operation, NPD team as it relates to specific Customer technical documents and specifications (Hardware, Plating, RoHS, HIP, Materials.
• The Field Sales Applications Engineer will be responsible for a) Technical sales training and coordination of technical information for the Sales / Marketing Department, b) He/she will represent Sales while we are exhibiting at trade shows and c) Assist the Sales Department with technical information for telephone and e-mail customers.
• The individual should be familiar with capabilities as well as out-sourced custom installation system contractors. Direct test programs to improve existing product lines, solve customer problems or to aid in the development of special products.
• Acts as a resource to department management by recommending potential areas of improvement, including products, processes, productivity, and performance. Recommendations should be in a written format that identifies the area for improvement, recommended action, and result (performance improvement, cost savings, productivity improvement).
• Develop/Maintain Project Tracking Tool for monthly/quarterly for review with Sales and NPD stakeholders.