Date Posted: 11/22/2021 5:29:45 PM
Location: Laurinburg, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $75,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Coatings Process Engineer positions with a world leader in glass products for the building, transportation, and electronics markets.
Location: Laurinburg, NC (relocation assistance available)
Compensation: $90K Base
Shift: Day Shift
Benefits: Our client, in addition to a competitive salary, offers a strong comprehensive benefits package. The corporate benefits plan includes medical and dental, 401k, company-paid basic life and business travel insurance, tuition reimbursement, and both long-term and short-term disability insurance. Most new hires will qualify for a generous relocation plan, to include military candidates with government relocation.
Career Progression: Our client is a company with many career opportunities for candidates who are ambitious and willing to work hard to learn the business.
As a Coatings Process Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Provide integration with plant engineering on new film process plans and programs.
• Work with corporate engineering group to improve existing process designs to reduce production costs. Ensure that new production models are made and evaluated when processes are significantly changed.
• Provide consultation, analysis evaluation, and review on problems of automation, advanced methods and equipment, material handling, etc. Develop and implement appropriate computer applications in process engineering.
• Be alert for technological developments in the filming process in industry. Pursue appropriate developments through tests/analysis and communicate the results to interested personnel.
• Maintain strong working relationships with Process Engineers in the other manufacturing departments and jointly implement filming application and developments.
• Stay up to date with design and development trends as they apply to safety code or other regulatory body or agency trends and modify long-term plans accordingly.
• Assume the “day to day” responsibilities of the Coating Department in the absence of the Department Manager/Supervisor.
• Lead and manage 5S projects.
• Maintain Coating Quality Control equipment.
• Communicate with engineering group including Corporate R&D to ensure team interaction.
• Maintain extensive contact with current technical and professional developments in associated fields by reviewing information and participation in technical group or technical seminars.
• Ensure application of appropriate problem-solving techniques (i.e. the eight-step problem solving model, DMAIC, 5-Why) on all significant manufacturing issues to ensure that production problems are resolved in the least amount of time, systems are established to eliminate reoccurrence of the production problems, and process improvement initiatives are implemented on a timely basis
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• Good Leadership, excellent interpersonal, and strong communication skills.
• Ability to work in teams, multi-task, and take leadership responsibility on projects.
• Excellent Mechanical aptitude.
• Exposure to Six Sigma (Green Belt) preferred.
• Exposure to AutoCAD, SAP, RSlogix, and/or Kronos preferred.