Date Posted: 11/21/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: Jacksonville, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $125,000
• Title: Technical Support Engineer
• Location: Remote
• Shift: Normal Day Shift Hours
• Compensation: $80k – 125k base, plus Bonus Plan (after first year)
• Benefits: Company’s benefits are aimed at supporting the diverse needs of their workforce and making a difference for you at work, at home, and your future. Depending on your location, they offer a range of benefits & resources for:
• Your health: A choice of medical and dental options (with free preventive care), vision coverage, telehealth services, free test supplies, tools, and support to help manage diabetes, healthcare decision support and advocacy, personal health care consultants, and critical illness and hospital insurance
• Your family: Paid parental leave when you welcome a new child into your family, backup child and adult dependent care, programs for children with special needs, an adoption assistance program, and healthy pregnancy services and resources
• Your money: Pension Plan, Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, life, accident, and disability insurance, group legal coverage, and more
• Your lifestyle: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), educational assistance, flexible work arrangements, paid time off, and a variety of discount programs
• Travel: Travel may range from 10% – 20%, overnight travel for training and occasional customer site visits.
• Vaccinations: Upon hire must provide proof of and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis, and COVID-19.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will provide technical phone support and problem resolution for customers of the company’s Central Fill pharmacy systems, solutions, and automation products. You will instruct customers and field employees in the operation and maintenance of hardware, software, and related network and database applications. Key responsibilities include:
• Consults with field service and customer engineers and other support staff; applies technical knowledge to diagnose problem; refers to technical manuals and schematics; requests assistance, as necessary, from more senior staff; follows up with local service engineers to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
• Troubleshoots issues with computer workstations, servers, windows OS, software, conveyors, controls, pneumatics, and ancillary equipment used in a large-scale pharmacy automation system.
• Maintains problem ownership and accountability. Follows up on problems, identifies recurring issues, process status, and updates customer.
• Maintains documentation and service reports in Salesforce along with a knowledge base of the products and services available to the customer.
• Fosters positive customer relations by responding to complaints/inquires in a cooperative, supportive, and professional manner, resolving problems in a timely and efficient manner.
• May represent Technical Assistance Center interests on cross-functional project teams as needed.
• The Hiring Manager is highly interested in Military Veteran candidates with a strong background in software/database management and Industrial Hardware (hydraulics, robotics, PLCs, RFID, industrial automation) equipment.
• Prior technical support and/or field service experience with maintaining and troubleshooting industrial/pharmacy automation systems is a plus.
• Software knowledge: SQL, scripting languages, remote support applications (BeyondTrust, Teamviewer, RDP)
• Proven customer service experience in a technical support environment.
• Possess solid customer service skills. Ability to ensure effective remote troubleshooting techniques with end users of various levels of technical expertise.
• Previous experience troubleshooting technical products in person or via telephone is crucial.
• Familiarity with networking hardware and software components.
• Candidates must possess strong Documentation Skills/Administrative Skills
• Sense of Urgency and Detail-Focused