Date Posted: 9/15/2021 8:57:27 AM
Location: Tucker, GA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $110,000 - $140,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Project Manager
Location: Tucker, GA
Salary: Depending on Experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability. Full benefits package available upon request. Offers a full relocation package (door to door). 401(k): $0.75 company match on each dollar an employee defers in a pay period up to 6%. Additionally, after 1 year of service, the company contributes 11% of eligible salary on a per-pay-period basis to the plan. Associates are vested in plan in 20% increments annually, with 100% vesting after the completion of five years of service. This is in the top tier of retirement plans I have ever seen. There is not much better out there than this.
Position Description This position is responsible for the complete execution of Capital Projects. It encompasses all aspects of project functions including project development, engineering/design, procurement, construction, budget/actual management and reporting, commissioning, startup, and testing of capital projects that are required at new generation sites or OPC’s existing power generation fleet with a capital expenditure of up to $50 million. This position may be responsible for managing multiple projects at a time. This position directs projects to ensure safety, environmental, budget, and schedule goals are met.
• Manage assigned projects which includes permitting, engineering, design, procurement, environmental and regulatory compliance, quality assurance, and records management.
• Support development of and negotiate contracts for procurement, construction and consulting as required.
• Coordinate with the Operations and Technical Services organization to ensure appropriate awareness of and participation in the engineering review of project design and in the planning for and execution of start-up and commissioning.
• Manage the project controls function for assigned projects which includes budgeting, scheduling, estimating, information systems management, forecasting, and reporting.
• Prepare routine reports for OPC senior management and provide briefings as required.
• Education: B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering; B.S. in construction management
• Experience: 10+ years of experience in major industrial or power projects
• Equivalent Experience: 14+ years of experience working at large power plants involving maintenance, capital projects and budget management
• Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: No special licenses, certifications or registrations required: however, PE or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification are a plus
• Specialized Skills: Strong fiscal aptitude and proven strong computer skills (thorough knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point), asset management software (Maximo, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat.) Working knowledge of power plants and the utility industry. Polished interpersonal skills/ability to effectively interface and influence, and ability to work in a team environment with results-oriented style.