Date Posted: 9/21/2021 12:30:36 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 6
Required Degree: Bachelors
Salary (USD): $140,000 - $160,000
Orion is partnering with a leading global designer, manufacturer, and distributor of RF and microwave components and integrated assemblies. Headquartered in New York City, the company has locations in over 30 countries. The company's products are used in aerospace, cellular wireless, Mil-Spec, satellite, RFID, CATV/Broadband, test instrumentation and diagnostic imaging applications for industrial, commercial and military customers. The company is focused on quality, innovative design, world-class customer service and long-term stability, and they have become a preferred supplier to over 20,000 worldwide customers.
If you are a problem-solver who seeks constant learning and a fun and challenging environment that recognizes your accomplishments, look no further.
Position Description: Purchasing Manager
This position reports to the Director Global Sourcing. You will recruit, train, and manage a team of 5-10 buyers responsible for the global purchasing process and develop the company's overall purchasing capability. You will work closely with Strategic Sourcing, Supply Planning, Quality, Finance and IT teams to enhance global Purchase to Pay processes. \
Location: Brooklyn, NY, preferred – can be East Coast remote to be close to IT/Finance teams.
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary plus 10% STIP Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive corporate benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance with HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, PTO, Holidays and more.
Relocation: Relocation benefits available (cash amount)
• Hire, train, develop and lead a global team of 5-10 purchasing professionals/Buyers
• Develop, implement and enforce global purchasing policies and processes
• Establish and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Purchasing: 1) Execution Responsiveness 2) Cost 3) Delivery Reliability
• Evolve use of purchasing data management tools to simplify and improve engagement with suppliers. (ERP, EDI, Supplier Portal, Contract Mgmt, etc.)
• Expedite supplier deliveries to support Customer On-Time Delivery
• Drive supplier performance improvement in partnership with Supplier Quality team
• Ensure purchasing competitiveness by continuously evaluating new suppliers and reporting on market conditions and trends
• Work cross-functionally to support business goals
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related technical field
• Supply chain/procurement/contract management professional certifications preferred
• 6 or more years of experience in purchasing and/or supply chain with at least 2 years leading a purchasing team
• Strong purchasing experience with ERP, e-Sourcing platforms, and RFQ tools
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interface, coordinate and negotiate with company personnel and supplier executives
• Cross-functional experience to interface with engineering/technology, operations, quality, and finance
The Bottom Line:
The company is looking for a high skilled and experienced Purchasing leader who will communicate and negotiate effectively with suppliers, and coach a global team to a higher level of performance. Leveraging your strong ERP system experience and leadership skills, you will help lead the transition to a new ERP platform in the coming years. You must be a cross-functional team player who will take ownership and drive the business forward. Beyond experience and talent, you must have the character, integrity and entrepreneurial spirit to anticipate needs/problems and proactively drive solutions.