Date Posted: 8/5/2022 2:38:57 PM
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $25
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Embedded Technician positions with a global leader in networking and security solutions.
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Pay: $25/hr + OT
Shift: Can Vary. Must be able to work 40 hours per week minimum.
Benefits: Comprehensive Corporate Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, PTO, 401k Matching)
As an Embedded Technician, you will install and maintain Enterprise Level Access Control and CCTV systems. Responsibilities will include:
• Complete terminations and equipment installations according to customer and contractual requirements.
• Troubleshoot system installations to ensure proper function and compliance to local, county, state, or federal codes; legal and/or insurance requirements.
• Perform scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems by inspecting, adjusting, cleaning, and calibrating systems to ensure satisfactory working order.
• Communicate preventive maintenance reports as work is completed.
• May plan schedules, lay out basic electronic equipment installations, and assist in the start-up and check-out of new system installations.
• Portray a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance.
• Three years’ experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, access control, and CCTV security systems.
• Possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Possess valid state driver’s license, without restrictions.
• Ability to climb ladders that extend up to 30 ft. in height.
• Ability to carry up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after hours & weekend emergency calls.
• Availability to travel when requested.
• Ability to provide basic hand tools.
• Vocational/Technical Degree in electronics, security, or computer systems preferred.
• Certified Alarm Technician Level 1 or Certified Electronic Access Control Technician preferred.
• IP Video and IT experience preferred.
• Experience with planning schedules, laying out basic electronic equipment installations, and assisting in the start-up and check-out of new system installations.
• Positive, motivated, and self-reliant.