Date Posted: 11/25/2020 8:43:21 AM
Location: Chico, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 5
Salary (USD): $125,000 - $150,000
A leading company in the development and administration of energy efficiency, demand response and decarbonization projects is looking for an experienced technical leader in this field.
As Technical Programs Director, you will:
- Lead, manage and direct technical staff - field team, engineers, trainers, building science and construction experts, and administrative staff.
- Serve as company's senior technical person - lead the evaluation, design, implementation and management of energy efficiency, decarbonization and demand response projects/programs and technologies.
- Create and foster a cross-functional organization where all technical teams have a framework for more effective communication and collaboration.
- Be responsible for department outcomes as well as budgets, reporting, HR and employee development (supported by company’s shared services in accounting, HR, finance, IT and business development).
Location: Chico, CA or Sacramento, CA
Compensation: $125k+ base salary, plus discretionary bonus
Benefits: Excellent comprehensive benefits program, includes; Company paid employee health and dental plans, Company paid life insurance, Personal Time Off and Holidays, Gym Membership subsidy, and 401(k).
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSME, preferred, or BSEE), or equivalent experience.
• Five or more years of related, progressive work experience.
• Strong technical background in building energy efficiency, demand response and carbon reduction strategies with an emphasis on practical design and implementation of energy programs and technologies.
• Exposure to energy efficiency programs, ideal, such as U.S. Dept of Energy Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), and the State of California Energy Savings Assistance Program (ESA).
• Demonstrated success leading teams of technical experts and administrative support.
• Experienced in successfully managing complex client relationships.
• PE, preferred.
Why this position is right for you:
• You have a passion for improving lives and our future through innovative, real-world solutions.
• You empower others to achieve more than they thought possible.
• You are highly collaborative, believing that knowledge is stronger the more it is shared.
• You are passionate about building science, renewable energy, and new technologies.
• You are data driven, but people oriented.
• You are a continuous learner.
• You want to help communities become more sustainable.
• You want to work for an employer that helps their people to grow their careers in an encouraging, collaborative and positive culture.
• You want to work for a green company that will offer opportunities to be innovative and grow in your profession.
• You want to work in a growing industry for an established company with a long history and a reputation as a premier industry leader.