Date Posted: 1/23/2023 6:13:06 PM
Location: Wichita, KS
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $135,000 - $145,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Site CI & LEAN Manager positions with an international leader in the production of electronics and HVAC equipment.
Location: Wichita, KS
Compensation: Target base salary up to $145K. Annual Gainshare production bonus up to 10% (based on performance of the facility); relocation assistance/sign-on bonus available.
Schedule: Standard day shift Mon-Fri
Benefits: Company offers an excellent benefits package with comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, matching 401k, tuition assistance opportunities, paid time off, etc.
Vaccine Requirement: None
As a Site CI & LEAN Manager, you will be responsible, under the guidance of the Plant Manager and in close partnership with the Director, Regional Lean, for advancing lean within a large plant specifically in terms of practice, adaptation and cultural integration. Through the development and implementation of specific strategies, roadmaps/action plans, training and active advocacy, you will influence the site to a new culture by demonstrating success through increased operational and business metrics performance. The work of this role will impact conversion cost and operational performance directly. You will be responsible for aligning the processes, measurements, standards, and efforts across assigned plant with the primary focus areas of LEAN and continuous improvement. You will be fully accountable for supporting and leading the creation of an inclusive and positive organizational culture while assisting in the developing a bench of LEAN-skilled talent in the organization, which is prepared to take on larger assignments, is diverse in representation, background/experience and thought. Some other specific responsibilities include:
• Support the development and deployment of both short-term and mid- to long- term LEAN and cost reduction plans to accelerate continuous improvement of the plant.
• Lead the LEAN deployment plan across the Factories: Hoshin Planning, KPI Scorecard management and learning, to deliver improved and predictable business results. Drive the applicable company Manufacturing System principles to facilitate the cultural transformation.
• Ensure that the regional strategic breakthroughs and all local Continuous Improvement Plans are actioned through Value Stream Maps, Standard Work and necessary KPI scorecards. Scorecards are required to be in place and well-managed to deliver on the key changes which are measured weekly during meetings.
• Drive LEAN training and overall execution; helps to drive the training using LEAN academies on the shop floor, benchmarking experiences, and daily CI ideation. Through word and action develop an organization that embraces LEAN and actively improves the operations through the use of appropriate lean methodologies and tools.
• Drive the culture of true Gemba walks and to ensure the leadership is supporting the associates to drive high performing teams at each area of the plants.
• Identify waste and opportunities for the business to improve, as well as reporting and celebrating past successes in these areas from a business perspective.
• Ensure manufacturing system and LEAN plans are aligned with the global manufacturing system drive of One Company, One standard, One Process.
• Identify, share and leverage best practices, including a drive for a technology roadmap, which may include 3D printing, digitization, etc.
• Lead the cultural change of employees (from firefighting culture to working according to standards), including leading teams in their LEAN competence development. Utilize key Toyota Production System cultural methodologies.
• Assist Regional LEAN Managers/Directors in any strategic initiative that will help in compliance to standards, implementing new systems, and designing creative solutions that will continuously improve the plant.
• Work with internal and external management and senior-level contacts to keep abreast of business needs and changes; understand and shares new developments in the industry and operations domain for the purpose of achieving business goals and to support the smooth running of operations within the region.
• Be an active and visible community participant, raising the awareness of our sites and their local impact while also increasing the positive impact the site has on the community.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, or related field of study or equivalent work plus 6+ years progression and related experience
• Be a LEAN leader with past functional expertise within Operations (preferably running factories).
• Leadership experience with a multidisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a large, complex organization in a multi-site construct.
• Solid understanding of business planning processes and key business metrics to be achieved.
• Experience in running Kaizen Gembas and a thorough understanding of Toyota Production System principles and culture.
• Proven track record in change management and influencing skills up, down, and across the organization.
• Strong knowledge of LEAN, process improvement, and quality management tools.
• Project Management skills and a passion for continuous improvement.