Date Posted: 10/13/2021 3:48:36 PM
Location: Eagle Rock, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $22 - $27
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service Technician
Location: Initial training will take 8-12 weeks in Eagle Rock, VA, or Kent, OH. Food, lodging and travel will be provided. Once training is complete you need to live close to a major airport, but you don’t have to homestead in those areas.
Travel: This is a traveling position, and you should be flexible to travel daily throughout the week. You will receive a company credit card, and all equipment necessary to complete assigned work. All expenses will be reimbursed or advanced when you travel.
Schedule: Primarily M-F with some work over weekends depending on customer demand, on average one weekend every couple of months.
Compensation: $22-27/hr. With overtime and travel bonuses you could have an $80k plus W-2! Overtime and travel bonus is paid at 1.8 times basic pay instead of the normal 1.5x. That’s a significant amount of comp increase to offset the challenges of high travel.
• Independently travels nationally and internationally as primary technical representative to the customer.
• Conducts technical discussions regarding machinery repairs, upgrades, and selection to assist customers with a solution to their needs or problems.
• Collaborates with engineering, manufacturing, parts, and equipment sales to develop customer-focused solutions
• Represents the company and collects customer feedback to facilitate continuous improvement opportunities.
Requirements: The Ideal candidate for this position has a good mechanical aptitude with great customer service skills and the ability to solve problems independently. You will be dealing directly with customers daily and your ability to de-escalate a situation and get the problem solved quickly while maintaining a positive and professional attitude is CRITICAL. You will be expected to generate future business by educating the customer on how to utilize the parts and services provided by the company.
• Technical training in electrical systems (single-phase, 3-phase or low voltage systems)
• Technical training on logic circuits, electric motors, gears / mechanical devices
• Detailed and clear oral and written communication skills
• Full Health Insurance
• 401k: Will match up to 5%
• Many more not listed here…