Date Posted: 6/29/2021 10:32:36 AM
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Our client is a global, capital equipment company based in Milpitas, California. The company researches, develops, and manufactures the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. In doing this, our client enables the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. Our client creates smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. The company's products, software and services are intended for all phases of integrated circuit chip production, from research and development to wafer fabrication and advanced packaging processes, to final volume development.
Position: Customer Support Engineer
Location: Hillsboro, OR
As a part of the services team, the Customer Support Engineer provides support to customers in need of higher echelon maintenance on the company’s tools. The CSE will work at customer site and with customer, local, and remote teams in support of customer needs. This function is at the absolute forefront of semiconductor technology at a market leading company, so you will be expected to learn quickly, think outside of the box, develop creative solutions to problems, troubleshoot without a manual and stay committed to process improvement.
• Provide technical assistance to Field partners in a timely and courteous manner to enhance the customer experience and improve system availability and performance.
• Troubleshoot and repair complicated optics, electronics, imaging systems using DVMs, Oscilloscopes and advanced electronic test equipment.
• Identify and implement solutions to complex problems that are typically hardware Provides solutions to problems via proven or creative diagnostic techniques. Play a lead role on tasks and projects.
• Follow in detail the internal escalation process and mentor/guide the field in its
• Respond to customer requests and perform complex problem diagnosis and problem
• Work on diverse, complex issues which involve the coordination of multiple parties, including customers and internal marketing and engineering team
• Assist in developing procedures, standards, training material, and other technical Develop Product Knowledge troubleshooting and solution models.
• Review and evaluate quality of data in other related technical
The ideal candidate for this position is very “hands-on”. If you enjoy working on your car or motorcycle, if you are the go-to guy in your family to fix things around the house, then this opportunity could be the right fit for you. Hands-on electromechanical experience is preferred over textbook / theory experience for this position.
• Ability to create and achieve a schedule of required tasks and
• Strong electromechanical
• Ability to conduct hands-on troubleshooting and repair daily, without the use of manuals or
• Familiar with basic equipment performance
• Understanding of customer work
• Intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Great interpersonal skills and ability to work with
• Highly motivated and a self-starter