Date Posted: 7/16/2021 7:36:09 AM
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $150,000 - $190,000
Orion Talent, a customer-centric company focused on helping people discover meaningful careers and businesses grow by finding, delivering, and engaging the best talent around the world, is currently recruiting for Controller positions with an investment firm that aims to build a portfolio of sustainable investments across multiple niche industries.
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ (must be local and will work on site)
Salary: ~$150K base (DOE) + bonus
As a Controller, you will report to the CEO and Managing Director and will be responsible for managing and leading the Company’s accounting operations. Responsibilities will include:
• Develop, document, and maintain accounting position policies in accordance with GAAP for multiple operating divisions.
• Perform all monthly close activities, including bank reconciliations, variance analysis, and expense analysis for each division.
• Ensure transparency in the financial results, and that accounting operations are functioning at a high standard.
• Maintain an effective accounting framework where all transactions are timely and accurately posted, with sufficient reconciliation and documentation.
• Conduct and oversee internal controls, including maintenance, testing, and remediation of any deficiencies.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial information and presentation, including the analysis of key performance indicators.
• Design and develop accounting system and process improvements to enhance workflow.
• Monitor the Company’s financial performance on a pro-active basis, collaborate with other employees to achieve the Company’s financial goals and objectives.
• Work with external audit and tax personnel toward the timely completion of GAAP audits, as well as tax planning and compliance.
• Develop meaningful data analytics and accounting metrics for management to assess the financial operations of the Company.
• Assist and/or lead the financial budgeting and planning processes, including the clear communication of such to Company leadership.
• Monitor and implement new GAAP standards and provide assessments of such to management.
• Identify and analyze potential risks and opportunities in the Company’s accounting operations.
• Able to step into supervisory role to mentor, develop, and manage the accounting operations staff.
• 7+ years’ accounting experience including 3+ years in a managerial role, with experience in a small to mid-sized, high-growth environment.
• Proactive, detail-oriented, and hands-on, with the ability to thrive in a high growth environment.
• Experience and working knowledge of GAAP.
• CPA and public accounting experience preferred.
• Multi-entity accounting experience.
• Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
• Proficient with Excel.
• Organized and able to create and effectively manage multiple timelines and schedules.