Date Posted: 9/15/2020 4:05:49 PM
Location: Madison, WI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $70,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Production Shift Leader positions with a leading North American designer and manufacturer of custom and stock thin gauge thermoformed plastic clamshells, trays, and blisters with an environmentally responsible line of recycled PET rollstock materials. A family-owned business since 1966, our client is one of the largest vertically integrated designers, thermoformers, and injection molders of light gauge rigid plastic packaging with its own in-house PET recycling and extrusion facility.
Location: Madison, WI
Pay: $60K-$70K annual salary + 6%-10% profit sharing bonus potential = 1st yr W2 ~ $65K-$77K
Shift: Night shift 6pm-6am. Rotating 2on/3off, 3on/2off
As a Production Shift Leader, you will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of all employees on their shift and overseeing operational systems and processes. Additional responsibilities include driving continuous improvement efforts related to safety, quality, production efficiencies and cost reduction. Duties will include:
• Provide leadership for production and production support groups.
• Establish and communicate goals, coach, evaluate performance, and develop people.
• Implement and coordinate training.
• Maintain a high degree of visibility and accessibility to answer questions and assist with production, quality, or personnel issues when needed.
• Enforce company policies and procedures and administer discipline when appropriate.
• Responsible for controlling/monitoring cost drivers for the department/shift.
• Promote teamwork among team members and support groups through the use of good communication skills and modeling of leadership behavior.
• Implement strategies and practices to achieve established yearly departmental goals.
• Meet daily production schedules and customer requirements.
• Provide machine and process problem solving and root cause analysis.
• Identify and implement cost savings ideas and waste reduction opportunities.
• Review shift efficiencies (actual vs. standard) and interact with process engineering/support group to assure run to target goals are continuously met.
• Plan and coordinate weekly staffing requirements (overtime, temporary associates, PTO coverage).
• Prepare and submit reports.
• Promote, audit, and support quality systems.
• Assure compliance with quality system documented procedures and work instructions for the department.
• Work with the Production Manager on corrective action investigations and resolution planning.
• Provide training on Good Manufacturing Practices to shift team members and ensure compliance to those GMP’s.
• Enforce, promote, audit, develop, and support safety systems and procedures.
• Lead incident investigations and safety corrective actions.
• Ensure the 5S programs are in place and functioning to promote a clean work environment.
• Ideal candidate is a proven NCO or Commissioned Officer who sets goals, drives timelines to completion, and achieves success while setting high standards of care and performance for the team.
• The Production Shift Leader is the spearhead of the company, ensuring that production goals are met and the team is trained. To do this, must be able to quickly learn the processes and policies in assigned areas, communicate goals clearly, and then lead individuals to their successful completion.
• Excellent organizational skills to track statistics and information and ability to place the needs of the team and company before their own.