Date Posted: 8/24/2022 10:42:50 AM
Location: Huntington, WV
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $85,600 - $128,300
Orion Talent is recruiting for a global conglomerate, operating in more than a dozen countries that manufactures complex metal components and products, high-quality investment castings, forgings and fastener systems for power generation, aerospace, space exploration, military, and other mission-critical applications, seeking to hire a SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST in Huntington, WV.
Position: SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
This position is for a senior financial analyst that will use critical thinking and communication skills to apply accounting theory and knowledge. This position will apply skills to specific areas such as cost accounting, manufacturing analysis, and accounting policy compliance for company. The senior financial analyst will also be responsible for assisting in pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing company's profits or share of the market.
• Assist in the development and implementation of product price strategies including segment strategies for various markets and channels.
• Management/Operations Support, not limited to:
o Gross Margin Reporting and Analysis.
o Perform margin and price analysis to support key business initiatives as required.
o Other complex analysis as required.
• Process Improvement:
o Analyze current processes and develop plans to simplify workflows.
o Improve forecast / budget accuracy.
• Reconcile monthly inventory and cost of sales GL accounts.
• Perform monthly analysis transactional level data to identify price/margin erosion and assist Sales Management in developing and implementing solutions.
• Budget and forecast development – administer for both commercial, financial, and operations.
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment within tight deadlines.
• Excellent team player with a flexible and open attitude.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Self-starter with the ability to reason and solve complex problems with minimal supervision.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially proficient in Excel.
• Oracle ERP, SAS, or SQL experience a bonus.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Willingness to spend time in the manufacturing environment learning processes.
• Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion, required.
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Communication skills
• Analytic skills
• Job knowledge
• Strategic Thinking
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in accounting. CPA/MBA preferred.
• 5-7 years of Accounting/Finance experience
• Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
Location: Huntington, WV
Pay: $85,600- $128,300
Relocation: Full Relocation Package is available