Date Posted: 1/14/2022 10:30:59 AM
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $25
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for an Electronic Repair Technician
Location: Hoffman Estates (a nice Chicagoland suburb about 40 min NW of downtown)
Shift: 1st shift Mon. – Fri. with core hours of 9:30 – 3:30 with flexibility before or after, typically a 40-hour work week with an occasional half Saturday, which is voluntary.
Pay: $25/hr. starting base rate + O/T + relocation. Total 1st Year $55K-$60K+
Position Description: Electronic Repair Technician
Electronic Repair Technicians work in a fast-paced technical service environment and work independently with safety in mind. As a technician you will perform electronic repairs (board level repair), evaluations, updates, and conversions in a timely and efficient manner. You will also fully function test each unit repaired, run under load when applicable, order necessary components and properly document work orders. The objective is to maintain a short turnaround time, high quality standards and decrease customer downtime. Key responsibilities include:
• Follow inspection, evaluation and testing procedures to ensure the repaired products meet factory specifications.
• Observe electrical products handling safety codes and regulations
• Troubleshoot, repair and/or convert servo drives and industrial controls as needed to support business growth
• Provide feedback on product performance data collected through service and repairs for future product designs
• Assist with product failure analysis and offer preventive maintenance to customers
• Work with low to medium voltages and amperages
• Prepare technical repair reports
• Update product in stock per quality requests
Requirements: Candidates must have high school diploma or GED with at least 3+ years of Electronic Repair experience as a technician, including at least 1+ years of experience reading electronic schematics and using testing/measuring equipment and 1+ year of soldering experience. Candidates should have a professional attitude with excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills, be motivated self-starters with the ability to work independently, and be committed to the success of the company, the customer, and the team.
Benefits: Offers one of the most complete benefits packages available today. Healthcare, retirement income, and vacation programs are key structures that comprise comprehensive and flexible benefits programs. The company’s industry-leading wellness programs, along with effective and affordable healthcare plans, will consistently provide the support you need to protect you and your family. Generous contributions to your 401(k) and retirement account provide you with freedom of choice and help set you on a path to a secure future. You’ll also be able to reenergize and relax using competitive and attractive vacation and holiday benefits.