Date Posted: 10/25/2021 1:39:41 PM
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $90,000 - $105,000
Our client is one of the Northwest’s premier structural steel fabricators and erectors. They supply and install hundreds of tons of structural steel every year, whether it is a high rise in the Pearl District, a new school at the coast, or the seismic upgrade of a historic building downtown.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Portland, OR
The Project Manager will provide overall direction and leadership for an entire project or a portion of a larger, more complex project in concert with the Senior Project Manager or General Manager. This position will fully implement and manage the operation and administration of the project. Builds and maintains lasting relationships with clients, design teams and subcontractors. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of the company.
• Participates in the planning and scheduling of construction projects as related to the scope and contracts assigned
• Oversees all aspects of management of construction projects; monitors and coordinates work performed with fabrication shop and field crews.
• Prepares documentation, diagrams and instructions for the fabrication shop and field crews, providing contract documentation and communication of changes in a timely manner.
• Management of document organization and control, drawing revisions, and change orders.
• Reviews and interprets designed, architectural, and structural drawings, understanding design intent and directs steel detailers to prepare drawings to shop standards.
• Ensures shop drawings are followed in conjunction with shop foreman with design intent on the project compliance.
• Ability to provide technical guidance and/or supervision to Welders, Ironworkers, and Laborers
• Minimum of 3-5 years of structural steel erection and fabrication experience.
• Experience working on projects ranging from $10,000 to $5,000,000
• Onsite field experience and management necessary with the ability to perform site inspections and or approve installations
• Intermediate knowledge of aspects of structural steel, fabrication and erection with miscellaneous metal concepts understanding necessary
• Experience with project scheduling and management.
• Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals
• Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
• Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
• Intermediate knowledge of Office 365, Fabtrol, and Sage 100 is highly preferred but not required.
• AutoCAD knowledge would be a plus!