Date Posted: 1/24/2023 12:20:46 PM
Location: Hampton, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $75,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Cyclotron Engineer positions with the world leader in electron and proton accelerators for industrial applications.
Location: Hampton, VA
Compensation: $75K - $82K plus OT and comp time
Shift: Monday through Friday, mainly 8am to 5pm. Evenings and weekends as needed
Travel: 50% -75%
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life insurance, 401K
Vaccine Requirement: Yes
As a Field Service Cyclotron Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the installation and/or maintenance and/or repair of company equipment/systems (applies to Synchro Cyclotron and related components) at the company or on customer's site, in order to deliver within defined timelines a final reliable working product, matching quality, performance, customer satisfaction requirements.
• Maintain a clean working environment and behavior in line with the safety and regulatory rules (radioprotection, electrical risk, etc.).
• Install equipment/systems according to the defined planning, timelines procedures, and “operating processes”.
• Adjust and fine tune subsystems.
• Test equipment/systems according to the specifications.
• Maintain equipment/systems according to the maintenance schedule.
• Repair equipment/systems taking all necessary actions to solve problems.
• Ensure equipment/systems are working properly with the required level of compliance/quality/technical performance/customer satisfaction.
• Train customer to use equipment properly and safely.
• Coach less experienced field engineers.
• Report and document interventions and actions undertaken with the required level of details and accuracy.
• Propose solutions that improve equipment reliability and operability in collaboration with R&D. Problems reported and documented in Bugzilla / resolved bugs on the spot, participation to design review.
• Meet appropriate key performance indicators (throughput, customer satisfaction, uptime).
• BSEE or Electro-Mechanical Engineering degree. Experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting required.
• Knowledge of Cooling systems, cryogenics, vacuum systems, PLC’s - Siemens S7 preferred, regulation loops, drivers, sensors, electric motors, high voltage equipment, low voltage equipment, etc.
• Mechanical system repair, maintenance and operations of large systems a plus.
• Computer Skills: General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook are a must.
• Basic knowledge of UNIX and LINUX a plus. SAP knowledge a plus.
• Detail-oriented, customer service mentality
• Strong commitment to teamwork Patient Works well under pressure
• Autonomous; ability to make technical decisions on the job
• More than 40 hours per week is sometimes required.
• Rotating shift work including nights and weekends is required.
• Occupational exposure to radiation.
• Work with high voltage equipment and high magnetic fields.
• Work with hazardous materials.
• Ability to travel for weeks at a time, sometimes longer, both domestic and international. (Occasionally on a moment’s notice).
• Working at heights which includes 4 feet or higher
• Climbing ladders
• Standing, sitting, or stooping for long periods of time.