Date Posted: 9/14/2021 2:11:41 PM
Location: Franklin, GA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $32 - $40
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service Engineer
Location: Chattahoochee Energy Facility - Franklin, GA
Salary: $32- $40 hr. + Depending on Experience
Shift: 3-2-2-3 schedule.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability. Full benefits package available upon request. Additionally offers a full relocation package (door to door). 401(k): $0.75 company match on each dollar an employee defers in a pay period up to 6%. Additionally, after 1 year of service, the company contributes 11% of eligible salary on a per-pay-period basis to the plan. Associates are vested in plan in 20% increments annually, with 100% vesting after the completion of five years of service. This is in the top tier of retirement plans I have ever seen. There is not much better out there than this.
Production Technician (level III / IV)
Responsible for the support of the performance, operations and maintenance of an approximate 500 MW natural gas fired combined cycle plant, consisting of a 2X1 power block utilizing Siemens’s combustion turbines in a manner consistent with providing safe, reliable, and efficient electric power generation. Technician must understand concepts to learn to operate the equipment and perform plant systems analysis to take actions for identifying, resolving and/or avoiding failure modes. In addition, the individual performs operator rounds, troubleshooting, preventive, corrective, and predictive maintenance on plant systems/equipment to ensure safe, efficient, and reliable plant operations, as well as enhance equipment longevity, complying with all policies and procedures, and governmental regulations. Responsible for providing reliable and efficient electric power generation in compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures, mandatory electric reliability standards, FERC, EPA, EPD, OSHA, DOT, and all applicable governmental regulations.
• Responsible for daily plant operations and/or maintenance programs to ensure safe, efficient, and reliable plant operations, complying with corporate policies and procedures, and all governmental regulations. Support achieving dispatch orders and keep the control room informed of all changes in plant capability and equipment conditions. Daily plant operations include start-up and shutdown of the plant and various equipment, operator rounds, daily chemistry activities, off-loading of chemical trucks, addressing chemical inventory as needed, and shift log communications. Daily maintenance programs include predictive, preventative, and corrective equipment maintenance in Operations, Mechanical, Electrical or Instrument & Controls disciplines.
• Take appropriate independent corrective actions to address abnormal conditions, engage needed resources or supervisor, notify plant personnel/management and utilize work order/management processes. This may also include researching alternative solutions, contractor oversight and/or identifying spare parts/supplies that are required to complete repairs or diagnostics. In this role skills are still developing in primary discipline to the intermediate to advance level and working on a secondary area of discipline in operations or maintenance (Mechanical or Electrical/Instrument & Controls).
• Support the Clearance Program for isolating energy sources prior to performing work. This includes accountability and comprehension of plant systems and ability to ready piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID's), electrical one-line diagrams and other technical manuals or drawings.
• Complete all required and developmental training to ensure personal compliance, safe work practices, and operational excellence while performing duties. Follow all established procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement of program and procedures. In addition, take a leadership role for daily on-the-job training opportunities and support special training assignments.
• Support project and/or contract management, as assigned which may include budget management.
• Maintains job related qualifications, system knowledge, and understanding of OPC policies and procedures (Emergency Action Plan, Environmental Baseline Book, SERC Plant Level Procedures, etc).
• Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Level III: Four years of experience in operation or maintenance of an operating commercial power production facility including nuclear, coal, gas facility, or equivalent military experience. In addition, a highly developed analytical and technical problem-solving background.
• Level IV: Six years of experience in operation or maintenance of an operating commercial power production facility including nuclear, coal, gas facility, or equivalent military experience. In addition, a highly developed analytical and technical problem-solving background.
• Level III: Two year or greater technical degree or equivalent, and three years’ experience in operating or maintaining a thermal electric power station, equivalent military or similar industry. In addition, a highly developed analytical and technical problem-solving background.
• Level IV: Two year or greater technical degree or equivalent, and four years of experience in operating or maintaining a thermal electric power station, equivalent military or similar industry. In addition, a highly developed analytical and technical problem-solving background.
Consideration of equivalent experience will be determined based on a combination of education, training, and professional, technical, or military experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Education considered may include technical and college studies and degrees, industrial training programs and certifications, and military training. Experience considered may include related industrial and military work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• A strong ability to work in a team environment.
• An effective trainer of personnel and one that motivates others to succeed.
• The ability to extract, comprehend and develop instructions from technical manuals, journals, and drawings, technical literature and other job-related material; and to effectively communicate orally and in writing using the English language.
• Possess independent decision-making capabilities in stressful situations with minimum supervision.
• The ability to discern the colors red, green, amber and blue as used in troubleshooting electrical diagrams, control system process and in color coding used in electronic and electrical component repairs.
• The ability to lift weights or twist with a force of up to 75 pounds, as in the removal and replacement of access doors to equipment, turning of valves, hoisting of material overhead.
• Working in Confined spaces and at heights, as in entering internal areas of the turbine for inspection or repairs during outages, climbing ladders to gain access, working within tight quarters of surrounding piping and conduit to perform troubleshooting functions
• The ability to troubleshoot electrical, instrument and mechanical systems for malfunctions.
• The ability to instruct others in the performance of testing, checkout and troubleshooting of equipment.
• The ability to provide technical direction and leadership when assigned work lead in the modifications and/or repairs of plant equipment.
• The ability to perform predictive maintenance and interpret data on plant equipment performance, if trained as a technology owner.
• The ability to perform contractor management skills when needed.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: Valid driver’s license which meets the insurance eligibility requirements under the company’s qualification program.
Unusual hours required of this position: Will require scheduled and call out OT as plant operating and maintenance needs dictate. Production schedules require 24-hour coverage, rotating shift schedules are required.