Date Posted: 4/22/2021 8:14:59 AM
Location: Memphis, TN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $33 - $33
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Electrical and Instrumentation Technician positions with a company that provides full service-manufacturing, pilot facilities, R&D, and worldwide sales and marketing, all focusing on renewable chemistry while developing new and innovative products and processes for customers.
Location: Memphis, TN – Union Facility
Pay: $33.21/hr (increase to $34.53/hr in May)
Shift: M-F 7:30a-3:30p. Plus on call rotation. Average 4-10 hours OT weekly.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
As an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician, you will maintain, repair, and/or replace the physical equipment in a chemical manufacturing plant safely, correctly, and efficiently by understanding and adhering to standard maintenance procedures and techniques. Responsibilities will include:
• Size and install conduit and wiring for voltages between 12V and 480V in an industrial setting.
• Layout, install, troubleshoot and repair of industrial power supply circuitry up to 480 VAC including but not limited to:
o Circuit breakers
o Motor starters
o Fused disconnects
o AC and DC motors
o Start/Stop circuits
• Field calibration of instrumentation utilizing proper test equipment.
• Overhaul equipment in a shop environment to include component replacements, alignments, and calibration to manufacturers’ specifications.
• Repair of signal transmission equipment such as tubing, wiring, etc.
• Instrumentation to include pneumatic, electronic, and digital equipment.
• Fault analysis of hardwire relay logic, motor control circuits, motor power circuits (120V to 480V 3phase) and common utility / lighting circuits.
• Installation of new control circuits, modification of existing instrument/electrical systems as requested, to include design, load, and implementation of new control logic.
• Fault analysis of PLC based systems with control logic modification if required.
• Coordinate activities with other departments and team members to maintain equipment availability, maximize productivity and efficiency, and ensure high quality standards.
• Minimum 3 years of Industrial Electrical and/or Instrumentation experience.
• Technical Degree is desirable and may replace all or part of industrial work experience requirement.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
• Ability to troubleshoot, repair, rebuild, and install plant electrical equipment and instrumentation with little or no supervision.
• Ability to utilize computer-based systems to perform administrative and maintenance-related tasks.
• Willingness to work in proximity of steam boilers, chemical processing equipment, and electric systems.
• Due to the environment, there is a no goatee/beard policy.
• Ability to work inside and outside under varying conditions.