Date Posted: 11/21/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: Bedford Park, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $29 - $34
• Title: Electrician Associate
• Location: Bedford Park, IL (Chicago)
• Schedule/Shift: Opportunities exist on:
o Day shift (7a – 3:30p Mon-Fri), and
o 12-hr night shifts (7p – 7a) on a 2-2-3 schedule (2 days on – 2 days off – 3 days on, then the opposite the following week). That gives you seven days off every two weeks!
• Compensation: ~$29/hr - $34/hr
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: $1.5K sign-on bonus
• Benefits: Company offers an excellent benefits package to include:
o Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans and an HSA plan)
o Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
o Vision (basic and premier coverage)
o Prescription drug coverage
o 401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds immediately)
o New Hire Wellness Bonus (see plan details)
o Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending accounts
o Livongo diabetes program
o Corporate discounts
Position Description: In this role you will perform troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of all electrical and/or electronic systems associated with production and facilities equipment at the company’s extrusion and thermoforming plant in Bedford Park, IL. Some specific responsibilities include:
• Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning electrical systems and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Repair or replace wiring and equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
• Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
• Test electrical system and continuity of circuits using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of the systems. Basic computer skills with Microsoft windows operating environment for internet-based work order system
In order to be successful in this role, you should have troubleshooting and maintenance experience with Electrical Systems (AC circuits-motors and drives, DC circuits-motors and drives, 480 Volts 3 phase, transformers, control power, relays) and Electronic Systems (low voltage control circuits and test equipment operation). You should be adept at schematic reading, basic electrical symbol identification and Ohm’s Law application.