Date Posted: 11/24/2021 12:53:16 PM
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $85,000 - $90,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Logistics Supervisor
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Reports To: Director, Supply Chain
Salary: $85,000 to $90,000 base plus bonus
Schedule: This position is primarily a day job (not tied to shift hours), but applicants should have schedule flexibility. As with any operations/leadership position, there will be times you will want to/need to work extended hours in order to see a project through to completion.
Company Benefits: They have a substantial benefits plan for employees and their dependents in regards to medical, dental, vision, etc. They offer a significant 401k match program, generous time off, additional options for further education and more. This is a company where making your mark is required, and they will offer you the tools and resources needed to do so.
Position Description: The Logistics Supervisor will directly oversee the site logistics operations for the NJ and PA sites. The Supervisor is responsible for all logistics services, third parties, and operations in support of the overall site operations. The individual will drive continuous improvement and productivity projects to improve the operational efficiency and cost effectiveness for the sites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Hiring, training, and performance management for Logistics technicians at NJ and PA sites
• Ensure accurate inventory records for all stored materials
• Ensure scheduling and tracking of inbound and outgoing shipments meets monthly commits
• Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs
• Ensure maintenance of customer service logs and department safety records
• Supervise logistics technicians responsible for international and domestic shipping, receiving, storage, and other site logistics operations
• Manage all indirect material storage, shipping, receiving, and internal delivery for internal customer groups
• Oversee daily requirements of shipping to meet order dates and receiving inbound materials
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of import and export filings, customs transactions, etc.
• Monitor GHS labeling and product labeling activities to ensure regulatory compliance
• Oversee the scheduling of daily and annual tasks for Logistics personnel
• Train job functions of Logistics personnel by SOP and job specifications
• Monitor accuracy of shipping, lead time, weight, product classifications, and other ERP master data
• Coordinate calibration schedule of warehouse equipment with vendors and or maintenance department
• Oversee the training of new personnel on logistics systems and functional cross-training
• Update and maintain standard operating procedures for site logistics
• Investigate root causes on issues with shipping/receiving, product damage, and carrier issues
• Participate in plant operations meetings as appropriate (Hazwops, Safety Meetings, FMEAs etc.)
• Establish and maintain a strong relationship with other departments as needed
• Monitor and respond to production or lab issues impacting on-time shipments
• Provide solid safety leadership
• Manage all 3rd-party vendors relationships specific to logistics department
• Provide monthly input on notable accomplishments, process improvements and team performance
Ideal candidates for this position will have a Bachelor’s Degree, and at least 5 years’ experience in logistics/supply chain. This is a demanding role that will require you to hit the ground running, so being a self-starter, proven leader, and quick learner are required.
All applicants must have:
• Possess strong analytical, problem-solving skills
• Proven knowledge of supply chain, logistical and distribution systems, processes, etc.
• Ability to adapt to regular changes and prioritize time/energy to maximize efficiency
• Confidence, and strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
• Motivation and the integrity to see a project through to proper completion
• Experience leading teams
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office