Date Posted: 9/15/2021 1:31:25 AM
Location: Mt Prospect, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $70,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Process Technician positions with a leading international precision machine tool builder.
Location: Mount Prospect, IL
Salary: $65K - $70K
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays.
As a Process Technician, you will support both engineering and manufacturing teams with a wide variety of tasks under moderate supervision from a Process Engineer, including, but not limited to, any of the following: job preparation, taking measurements, running samples on various process tools, analysis, test preparation, and hands-on calibrations or other support of machines and mechanical systems. Responsibilities will include:
• Assist process engineers by performing tasks related to equipment preparation, testing, data acquisition, and analysis.
• Provide support of machines, tools, and mechanical systems, including routine maintenance and calibrations to ensure proper functionality.
• Setup and operate machinery in a lab or small-scale environment to facilitate process development, customer demos, and similar tasks with appropriate documentation.
• Assist engineers with fabricating and assembling mechanical prototype models from blueprints, schematics, or sketches.
• Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of either prototype or production equipment.
• Document and create procedures related to lab and manufacturing processes as required
• May be asked to provide manufacturing support.
• Work with internal teams in an efficient and effective manner. Occasional interaction with external customers may also be required.
• Capture data in appropriate logs or spreadsheets, provide written reports as needed
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to understand, communicate, and document information regarding precision tools and processes, as well as the ability to physically set up, perform, and operate the types of equipment that the company builds.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and piping diagrams.
• Proficiency with standard hand tools, gauges, and diagnostic meters typically used for equipment maintenance.
• Communication skills, including computer skills (literate in Microsoft Word and Excel).
• US citizenship or permanent resident status are strongly preferred.
• Typically requires high school/trade school education, associate degree, or professional certification. Three to four years of experience with precision equipment is preferred but not required.