Date Posted: 9/21/2022 2:29:51 PM
Location: Manassas, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $75,000 - $75,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer positions with a trusted global supplier of innovative wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry.
Location: Manassas, VA
Salary: Base salary + annual bonus equates to ~$75,000 in your first year, before additional perks.
Benefits: Starting on day one, you will be offered a generous, fully vested 401(k) package with matching contribution by the company of 50% on the first 6% of eligible contributions. In addition, the Employee Stock Purchase Program will allow you to become a company shareholder at a discounted rate. Your package also comes with arguably the best Medical, Dental, and Vision plan in the industry, complete with flexible spending options, Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Voluntary AD&D, Supplemental Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability. You also receive 12 days PTO per year, with 12 paid holidays (or triple time + an additional PTO day to be used later if you work over a holiday). Educational assistance is also offered (up to $15,000/yr) and well at a Fitness Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Commuter Benefits, and much more!
As a Field Service Engineer and part of the services team, you will provide support to customers in need of higher echelon maintenance on company tools. In this role, you will work at customer sites and with customer, local, and remote teams in support of customer needs. This function is at the absolute forefront of semiconductor technology at a market leading company, so you will be expected to learn quickly, think outside of the box, develop creative solutions to problems, troubleshoot without a manual, and stay committed to process improvement. Responsibilities will include:
• Provide preventative maintenance of equipment and attends to equipment issues.
• Order and replace defective units, components, or parts.
• Install and/or relocate equipment and conduct associated start-up of newly installed systems.
• Perform field modification and updates, as per Engineering Change Notifications.
• Troubleshoot equipment problems and conduct diagnostic procedures to isolate the root cause and correct the issue, to minimize downtime or system interruptions and eliminate equipment malfunctions.
• Identify corrective actions; escalate issues for prompt resolution.
• Maintain records and reports.
• Remain current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, etc.
• Prepare and maintain accurate logs, service records, part usage documentation, and other management reports.
• Train and mentor Engineers and customer employees.
• Interact with the customer to communicate technical concepts and suggest solutions to complex challenges.