Date Posted: 1/24/2023 10:04:06 AM
Location: Lima, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $32 - $35
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Standard Plant Technician positions with an industrial gas and engineering company.
• Title: Standard Plant Technician
• Location: Lima, OH
• Shift or Travel: Five day 8-hour shifts, with a rotating on-call schedule
• Compensation: Starting hourly $32-$35 + overtime opportunities ˜ 1st year $80K+
• Benefits: comprehensive medical/dental insurance plan, 401K retirement plan with matching, employee assistance program, tuition assistance, paid time off (PTO), and paid holidays.
• Travel: occasional overnight travel may be needed for training and other plant support
• Vaccine Requirement: No
Position Description: Standard Plant Technician
As a Standard Plant Technician, you will be responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of oxygen and nitrogen-producing plants in Northwestern Ohio. This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires sound technical abilities in the primary on-site product line, along with knowledge and abilities in instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems. You will solve field site issues and are responsible for the general maintenance and production at the customer site while being supported through managerial supervision, lead technicians, engineers, sales, and other technical support.
• Develop conceptual solutions to moderately complex, non-routine issues/problems and guide technical leadership of projects
• Maintain all safety, quality, and compliance activities at each plant location
• Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of process equipment, including centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, gas analyzers, electrical controls systems, and pneumatic control valves
• Manage own time to accomplish operations and maintenance tasks for assigned plants which include troubleshooting, diagnosing, and solving plant problems
• Coordinate contractors and resources, both internally and externally, to support the plant activities, audits, and all administrative requirements for the plant
• Maintain and improve plant efficiency
• Produce results with minimal supervision
• Assist or direct the training and development of new employees