Date Posted: 9/20/2023 9:54:27 AM
City, State: Albany, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $35 - $35
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Mechanical Technician positions with a company that develops and produces insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites and related materials and products.
Location: Albany, NY (Delmar/Feura Bush)
Compensation: $34.52/hr initial rate then $35.57/hr when fully certified (generally within 6-months) + $1/hr shift bonus for nights worked + O/T + up to 10% quarterly bonus + pay skill increases based on ability + yearly performance raise + relocation. $80K-$100K+ 1st year!
Shift: Initially regular days 7am – 3pm then 3-on, 3-off, 12-hour schedule rotating days & nights
Benefits: Immediate benefits Day 1! Comprehensive healthcare benefits, solid 401(k) with 100% up to 6% pay & 2% non-match kicker, stock options, retirement programs, insurance, and much more!
As a Maintenance Technician, you will primarily troubleshoot, maintain, and repair production systems and equipment. You will troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and install all mechanical – mostly pneumatic and some hydraulic equipment and systems in the plant to ensure smooth operation, production, & safe working conditions. Key duties include:
• Troubleshoot & solve production and facility equipment problems during day-to-day operations.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment & systems to prevent downtime/deterioration.
• Work assignments on projects for continued growth, expansion, & safety of the plant and work areas.
• Work with outside contractors to perform installation or service of equipment within the facility.
• Assist operators to minimize downtime and complete scheduled equipment cleaning/changeovers.
• HS Diploma.
• Maintenance professional with 2+ years of industrial mechanical experience troubleshooting & repairing industrial systems.
• Strong pneumatics and power transmission experience required with basic hydraulics. You will be fixing long conveyor systems, motors, gear boxes, drive chains, pulleys, linear bearings, sprockets, rollers, and drive belts on production line equipment and systems.
• Ability to read schematics, blueprints, drawings for maintenance/troubleshooting/repair.
• Ability to share skills to help others develop, excellent communication skills, and commitment to providing a high level of detail, pride, and safety towards system & equipment maintenance work, projects, and programs.