Date Posted: 11/24/2020 12:36:37 PM
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Type: Full Time
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Module Equipment Engineer positions with a company that pioneered the pure-play foundry business model when it was founded in 1987 and has been the world’s largest dedicated semiconductor foundry ever since. Our client supports a thriving ecosystem of global customers and partners with the industry’s leading process technologies and portfolio of design enablement solutions to unleash innovation for the global semiconductor industry.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
As a Module Equipment Engineer (EE), you will optimize advanced hardware configurations. You can pursue your passion in semiconductors engineering by using state-of-the-art, agile, and intelligent operating systems to improve tool performance and availability while meeting uptime and cycle time requirements. You will work closely with process owners to develop, prioritize, and manage projects to resolve issues or specific requests from our customers. In addition, you will manage vendor relationships and be responsible for module liaison with facilities, vendor, and manufacturing shift personnel. Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Handle Diffusion, Thin Film, Lithography, or Etching equipment.
• Apply your experience and systematic approach to solve critical equipment issues.
• Improve tool uptime availability and utilization efficiency.
• Identify and pursue potential opportunities for hardware capability enhancement.
• Drive defect reduction.
• Communicate with cross-function engineers or vendors.
• A minimum of a BS degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, and Automation Engineering related fields.
• GPA requirement – 3.0 or greater.
• No prior experience required, though previous experience in equipment maintenance or improvement is a plus.
• Basic mechanical-related knowledge and knowledge of semiconductor processes are a plus.
• Good problem–solving and communication skills as well as a willingness to learn.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and own efforts to address and resolve root causes.
• A team player who can multitask and thrive in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment.