Date Posted: 11/22/2021 4:08:46 PM
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $33 - $37
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with a distributed electric power solution built for the digital age and capable of delivering highly reliable, uninterrupted, 24x7 constant power that is also clean and sustainable.
Location: New York, NY. Required to reside within the Service District.
Compensation: Starting at $33/hr. Overtime is plentiful- W2 should be very solid. A company truck is provided as well as a company credit card, all tools, wireless card, uniforms and all tolls, parking, etc. for work are covered.
Shift: 2nd shift (3pm-11:30pm). A 5% shift differential is offered making the hourly rate $34.65/hr
Travel: Must be able to regularly travel (drive) throughout a large Service District (New Jersey-New York). Must be able to travel occasionally to other US and international destinations.
Training: Two initial training sessions of up to four weeks each in Sunnyvale, CA (pandemic dependent)
Career Progression: There is plenty of room for career advancement.
As a Field Service Technician, your responsibilities will include:
• Provide fuel cell service during field visit dispatches.
• Operate a service vehicle safely.
• Create daily workflows for oneself from a list of scheduled tasks (regularly assigned to work autonomously).
• Manage on-site preventative maintenance, repair, test, and diagnostic tasks.
• Follow company procedures and protocols.
• Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine/implement proper solutions.
• Cooperate with a technical team and share information across the organization.
• Comprehend and follow customer access requirements.
• Maintain service vehicle and spare part inventory.
• Maintain/build positive relationships with customers.
• Produce timely and detailed service reports as required.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• 5 years or more relevant experience in commercial electrical, combined with electrical-related military experience (e.g. Navy Nuclear Technician, or other technical position, military certified electrician or technician, Gas Turbine Electrician, Aviation, etc.).
• Strong electrical troubleshooting/diagnostic skills required.
• Familiar with safety standards, especially those related to electrical work (OSHA & NFPA 70E).
• Prior experience as an electrician or electrical technician working with any of the following technologies: three-phase systems, uninterruptible power supplies, electrical generation and distribution systems, power electronics, automatic transfer switches, and microprocessor-based control platforms.
• Experience with various electrical/electronic test and measurement equipment.
• Able to read and interpret electrical single line diagrams and blueprints.
• Experience with performing equipment maintenance in accordance with ANSI/NETA standards for Electrical Power.
• Mechanical system aptitude, to include troubleshooting/repair skills.
• Highly motivated and able to work autonomously.
• Demonstrate sound judgment in the resolution of complex problems.
• Team player who exhibits a high level of integrity and professionalism.
• Communicate written and verbal English effectively.
• Able to execute against written and verbal procedures and sequenced work instructions.
• Able to regularly handle equipment up to 50lbs., occasionally may lift up to 70 lbs.
• Able to reach, squat, bend, and twist during the workday.
• Able to use a ladder or step stool regularly.
• Able to facilitate shift work as needed.
• Able to regularly work alternative schedules (one week/month of Wednesday-Sunday, for example).
• Able to regularly support overtime to achieve quarterly goals.