Date Posted: 5/25/2023 10:06:21 AM
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $85,000 - $100,000
• Title: Account Manager
• Location: Chicagoland area; territory is northern Illinois, so you can live anywhere in the Rockford to Chicago to Milwaukee corridor, with the western suburbs being ideal.
• Travel: You will manage customer accounts within your assigned territory (about 150-miles). You can realistically expect a good amount of “windshield time” and virtually no overnight travel.
• Compensation: Target base salary ~$85K - $100K.
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: You also are provided a company vehicle, cell phone, etc. Bonus plan is paid monthly and virtually guaranteed (as it is primarily paid on managing existing customer accounts) and averages 40% - 50% annually; realistic Year One total W2 is ~$120K - $140K+.
• Benefits: Ecolab offers an outstanding benefits package. This includes family medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance, and continuing education/tuition assistance. Company matches 401k contributions and has discounted employee stock purchase plan.
• Vaccine Requirement: None
Position Description: As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for revenue and profit growth of programs and services related to Water and Chemical Treatment systems at customer accounts throughout the greater Chicago area (about 90-mile radius), primarily associated with Power Plant (including Nuclear) facilities. With a consultative sales approach, you’ll build relationships with the customer by understanding their key business drivers and executing system assurance programs. With strong account leadership, you’ll also convert strategic competitive accounts and sell new technologies to current customers. This role requires also hands-on service, chemical & water analysis and basic system & equipment troubleshooting and repair as required, so a strong technical aptitude is critical to success. Because there is so much current business in the territory, your primary focus will be more on Account Management than new Sales generation. Some specific responsibilities include:
• Work closely with current customer to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales
• Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current (and prospective) customers, including plant or facility executives
• Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required
• Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
• Actively sell and support company Water innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with the company.
Candidates should have a good technical background with a fundamental understanding of industrial systems (pumps, compressors, etc), ideally in a power generation environment (nuclear, power plants, etc). A 4-yr BA/BS degree is required, ideally in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, etc) or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc). Familiarity with (or ability to learn) complex feed systems (pumps, strainers, filters, etc) is necessary for success. This is a customer-facing role, so a positive, outgoing, service-oriented demeanor is also a must.