Date Posted: 6/26/2020 3:47:55 PM
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $25 - $35
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with a weighing and counting machine manufacturer. Our client designs and manufactures a full range of automatic and semi-automatic net weighing and counting machines, including specialized custom applications.
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for exceeding expectations in response times, first time fixes, and customer satisfaction services with an intensive travel requirement. Responsibilities will include:
• Travel extensively and efficiently to customer sites and provide installation, commissioning, emergency on-site repairs, preventative maintenance, audits, retrofits and training services.
• Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
• Support the ongoing development and adherence to all company procedure guides, policies and processes diligently as well as meeting the required standards.
• Maintain first time fix, field response time and customer satisfaction rate at the target level.
• Hold site visit meetings with assigned contact, including opening scope and exit meetings.
• Responsible for coordinating communication between the field, line management and the internal support staff.
• Responsible for timely and accurate documenting and reporting of all service-related activities.
• Provide timely feedback to quality department on equipment reliability and design.
• Adhere to all onsite training requirements as requested.
• Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
• Conduct training with customer’s personnel to ensure an understanding of the theory of operation, proper functionality, and general maintenance of equipment.
• Participate in the rotation of weekend on-call duties.
• Fill-in for technical phone support personnel during vacations or illnesses.
• Ensure paperwork, timesheets, CRM entries, expenses and other paperwork functions are done promptly, on time and to a high quality.
• Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, or other duties at SupportPro HQ.
Location: Chicago, IL
Hours: 50-55 hours/week, 70-80% travel (mostly regional travel)
Benefits: Our client offers its staff a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account including Dependent Care, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401-K (4% matching), 120hrs Paid Vacation Time, and 10 Paid Holidays. Hourly differential for OT(1.5x)/Saturdays(1.5x)/Sundays(2x)/Holidays(3x).
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver's license and a U.S. passport.
• Minimum of AAS or BS in Mechatronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics or military equivalent.
• Minimum of five years’ experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, emergency service, and repairing electronics and mechanical machine problems in the field or commensurate military experience.
• Experience and ability to travel extensively throughout the week away from home.
• Experience with extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming is great to have, but not required.
• Experience with PLC integration is a plus.
• Must enjoy taking on challenges and have advanced critical thinking skills.
• Strong attention to detail and administrative experience are highly valued.