Date Posted: 8/5/2022 1:44:58 PM
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $26 - $28
Locations: Lawrenceville, GA
Pay: $26-28/hr + OT
Shift: M-F 7am-3:30pm
Position Overview: Maintenance Mechanic
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
• Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts.
• Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
• Lubricates and cleans parts.
• Starts devices to test their performance.
• Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
• Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
• Repairs electrical equipment
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Manufacturing/distribution/production facility experience
• Basic electrical knowledge