Date Posted: 1/13/2022 6:24:31 PM
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $24 - $35
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Machine Repair Technician positions with an American multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology corporation.
Interviews for the Maintenance Machine Repair Technician positions will be held both virtually and in Kalamazoo, MI on January 27.
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Compensation: Base hourly compensation is $24.00 -$35.50 depending on experience + a shift differential (if working a 2nd or 3rd shift) and you can expect to do 10-15/hrs. of overtime per week. Total 1st Year average $50K-$75K depending on level hired for.
Shift: Currently hiring for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. May work variable shifts and 24-hr on-call as required.
Benefits: Excellent benefit options and relocation assistance if needed.
As a Maintenance Machine Repair Technician, you will be working in the Reliability Maintenance environment, and will performing preventative maintenance, modifying, installing, and maintaining company machinery systems and will provide customer training in the implementation of those systems in compliance with company standards and procedures as well as government regulations (SOPs, GMPs, GLPs, PSM, etc.). You can serve as a maintenance advisor in areas of engineering (process design, material selection, documentation, calibration, testing and problem-solving methodology, project scope, and follow up). You will also be responsible for priority assessment and decision making as it relates to troubleshooting, diagnostics, assembly, repair, and proactive maintenance of systems and equipment in a cost-effective manner. You will routinely be exposed to hazardous materials, heights, temperature extremes, equipment in motion, dusty and dirty conditions, stooping, bending, and heavy lifting. Responsibilities will include:
• Read and understand drawings / blueprints, utilizing this knowledge for the installation / repair of new and existing equipment.
• Use precision measuring devices, and properly install pumps, agitators, and mechanical seals.
• Work with precision bearings, electric motor gearing, gearboxes, packaging machinery, and related equipment.
• Participate in multi-craft work activities as required.
• Must have either industry or military veteran (mechanic or electro-mechanical) experience desired!
• Mechanical equipment experience.
o bearing assemblies, drive assemblies, pumps, and gear boxes
o power tools powered industrial vehicles, technical work
o pneumatics and hydraulics
o basic electrical
o ability to read blueprints
• Must have high school diploma / GED, Associates Degree, or equivalent military experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Machining skills is a bonus!
• Journeyman certification is a huge plus, but not required.
• Company requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment.? As required by applicable law, company will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.