Date Posted: 11/16/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: Northern, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $125,000 - $150,000
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Northern CA
Schedule: 8-5 MF, on call in case of emergencies.
Compensation: $125K - $150K
Benefits: Health, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance, 401(K) retirement savings, PTO, No cost life insurance, Overtime, Company car, Company credit card, state of the art electronics.
Travel: 20% – 50% Travel to 130 different locations
Vaccine Requirement: No
Under the direction of and reporting to the Director of Broadband Service, the Program Manager will primarily be responsible for overseeing all aspects of service for a large telecommunications customer's inside plant (ISP) service needs.
As a Program Manager, you'll oversee internal technicians, ensuring the effective execution of preventative maintenance contracts in designated territories. Responsibilities include tracking and managing open tickets, communicating status updates to customers, addressing inquiries and problems, and coordinating repairs with a focus on timely resolution. Proficiency in interpreting schematics and specifications, coupled with expanding knowledge of AC and DC electrical systems and batteries, is essential for reviewing inspection reports and providing valuable feedback. Your commitment to maintaining accurate records of preventative and emergency maintenance will contribute to our commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction.
• High school diploma required – some college preferred
• 10+ years of experience managing facilities electrical powering and cooling service preferred
• Must have superior organizational skills as well as experience managing teams of service providers (self-perform and/or subcontractors)
• Excellent customer service skills required, to include verbal and written communication, phone and email etiquette and the ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships
• Ability to work well in a changing work environment
• Requires advanced knowledge of the English language
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word applications, especially Excel
• Adept at the use of remote web applications and web services
• Proven team player