Date Posted: 10/28/2022 10:56:28 AM
Location: Stamford, CT
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $100,000 - $120,000
Support the overall corporate strategy, assisting with all day to day accounting, financial analysis and reporting. He or she will support implementing and maintaining internal controls and ensuring compliance within the Accounting function. He or she will maintain a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the companies' reported financial results, and ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. He or she will monitor corporate financial health so that the company can efficiently, successfully, and profitably complete assigned construction projects.
· Oversight for of the accounting team with operational accounting duties including general ledger, A/P, A/R, cash management and reconciliations
· Execute month-end close and preparation / review of all financial statements and reports: Trial Balance, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements
· Be part of the new accounting ERP system implementation team
· Provide monthly reports and financial analysis to executive team.
· Work closely on budgeting, planning and forecasting.
· Assist with forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis including implementing and maintaining internal controls and system integrity
· Reassess and propose new policies and procedures that address evolving business needs
· Additional construction related accounting: Profitability by Job, Sales vs. COS, Actual vs. Expected Percentages, Loss from Inadequate Markup, Total Sales, Old Inventory vs. Current, etc.
· Maintain specifications to include pricing and job costing for contracts and oversee monthly billing and related accounting to A/R to cash reconciliations
· Identify areas for improvement, documenting findings and developing appropriate solutions
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· Active CPA, CMA or an MBA a plus
· Minimum 7 years of accounting experience
· Background in development/contracting or construction industry a plus
· Ability to Multi-task and be self-motivated in an entrepreneurial environment
· Intermediate to advanced software skills. Strong Excel skills required