Date Posted: 11/21/2022 3:14:59 PM
Location: San Ramon, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $80,000
• Location: San Ramon, CA
• Shift or Travel: Travel up to 70% primarily throughout the Bay Area; territory includes all of Northern California.
• Compensation: $70 - $80K | Benefits | 401k | Promotion and Salary Reviews | Car allowance $650 a month
Position Description: The job of a Field Engineer is to program, deploy and maintain lighting controls and IOT (internet of things) solutions for customers.
• Collaborate with contractors to deploy advanced lighting controls in today’s most modern structures.
• Locate and commission advanced sensors, photocells, wireless managers and other associated advanced controls for use in smart and LEED certified buildings.
• Setup Lighting controls systems to control and or be integrated with lighting, HVAC, AV, and BMS systems.
• Program and structure graphical user interfaces that customers can easily use to manage, and monitor their controls systems.
• Use a combination of hardware, and software to deploy advanced controls systems.
• Use software like BACnet Explorer to test, debug, and discover devices, objects, and their properties on integrated networks.
• Use Command prompt and putty to execute commands and perform advanced administrative functions.
• Use mobile VPN software to enable access from remote devices to enterprise apps, services, and customer networks.
• Use Bluebeam Revu (business grade PDF software) to edit, manage, and mark-up documents that will be used for graphical user interface images, identifying control zones, and create discrepancy lists (quality control).
• Prepare lighting control system database using AutoCAD and proprietary software.
• Troubleshoot and debug system issues.
• Lead post-installation support activities, including training, customer support, and system firmware upgrades and tuning adjustments.
• Manage and organizing project closeout documents, status reports, and punch-lists.
• Reference construction drawings to ensure proper project design and deployment.
• Familiarity with basic network design and functionality. Understanding types of networks, switches, routers, cabling, building management systems, and integration.
• Communicate with customers on the purpose, use, and benefits of the advanced controls systems that have been installed.
Our client represents an exceptional group of lighting and controls manufacturers in Northern and Central California and Northern Nevada. We assist the lighting community with the selection and application of fixtures and can simulate the light levels achieved with your layouts using photometric software. Our controls group has the expertise and experience to determine the appropriate system architecture for your project and offer full commissioning services.