Date Posted: 11/16/2023 2:41:18 PM
City, State: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $75,000 - $80,000
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: San Diego, CA
Shift: Day shift
Benefits: Comprehensive Corporate Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, PTO, 401K)
Vaccine Requirement: None
• Performs Service tasks, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in any Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.).
• Contributes to customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation. Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs. Identifies new sales opportunities and communicates them internally.
• Coordinates, prepares and ensures that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities.
• Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed.
• Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and requests proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
• Proactively identifies suggestions for product and quality improvement and communicates them further in the ABB organization. Provides recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service.
Applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents.
• Bachelor’s degree, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent military experience or Associates Degree with 2 or more years’ experience in servicing critical power equipment
• Will consider High School Diploma/GED and 10 or more years’ experience.
• Advanced level ability to interact and communicate (written and verbal) information to varying levels within the organization.
• Advanced level of ability to use Microsoft Office products.
• Moderate ability to self-Project Manage using MS Project or Excel.
• Advanced ability to write test plans and reports detailing test results
• Works well with others.
Our client is a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future. The company’s solutions connect engineering know-how and software to optimize how things are manufactured, moved, powered and operated. Building on more than 130 years of excellence, their 105,000 employees are committed to driving innovations that accelerate industrial transformation.
At ABB, we empower people with technology to drive the transformation of industries needed to enable a low-carbon society and address the world’s energy challenges.