Date Posted: 4/22/2021 12:54:59 PM
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $35 - $45
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service Technician position.
Field Service Technician to be responsible for exceeding expectations in response times, first time fixes and customer satisfaction services with an intensive travel requirement. This individual must enjoy taking on challenges and have advanced critical thinking skills. Strong attention to detail and administrative experience are also highly valued. Specific responsibilities include:
• Travel extensively and efficiently to customer sites and provide installation, commissioning, emergency on-site repairs, preventative maintenance, audits, retrofits and training services.
• Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
• Support the ongoing development and adherence to all company procedure guides, policies and processes diligently as well as meeting the required standards.
• Maintain first time fix, field response time and customer satisfaction rate at the target level.
• Hold site visit meetings with assigned contact, including opening scope and exit meetings.
• Responsible for coordinating communication between the field, line management and the internal support staff.
• Responsible for timely and accurate documenting and reporting of all service related activities.
• Provide timely feedback to quality department on equipment reliability and design.
• Adhere to all onsite training requirements as requested.
• Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
• Conduct training with customer’s personnel to ensure an understanding of the theory of operation, proper functionality, and general maintenance of equipment.
• Participate in the rotation of weekend on-call duties.
• Fill-in for technical phone support personnel during vacations or illnesses.
• Ensure paperwork, timesheets, CRM entries, expenses and other paperwork functions are done promptly, on time and to a high quality.
• Minimum of AAS or BS in Mechatronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics or military equivalent
• Minimum of five years’ experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, emergency service and repairing electronics and mechanical machine problems in the field or commensurate military experience.
• Experience and ability to travel extensively throughout the week away from home.
• Experience with troubleshooting PLCs and making minor program edits.
• Experience with PLC-HMI integration a plus.
• Locations: St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Newark, NJ; Providence, RI; San Diego, CA;
• Salary: $35-45/hr
• Hours: 50-55 hours/week, 70-80% travel (mostly regional travel)