Date Posted: 3/16/2023 2:28:35 PM
Location: Malta, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $90,000 - $90,000
• Location: Malta, NY (Must live within 30-45 minutes)
• Shift: Standard M-F Management requires 40 hours, and is very flexible on the shift you work 8am-4:30pm Note – On call on a weekly rotation with flexibility to switch with other FST’s. If called out you are guaranteed 4 hours at 1.5x your compensation, or 6 hours on holidays.
• Travel: 1 week new hire safety, 1-2 weeks product line training, 2 bi-annual safety meetings, 1 week AC/DC plus, 1 week back up systems and O2 cleaning. After the first year travel will be very low. Less than 10%
• Compensation: $90k plus 10-15% typical O/T and another 5% available if you desire it. Company vehicle provided.
• Benefits: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and so much more
• Vaccine Requirement: None
Position Description: Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of oxygen and nitrogen producing plants in the assigned territory. This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires the employee to have problem solving capabilities in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and production processes.
Field Service Technicians must be dependable. They work with minimal supervision and must demonstrate initiative and self-motivation. Field Service Technicians usually work alone and have primary responsibility for their assigned plants. Service Techs must be available for call outs.
Employees in this role operate all aspects of the Linde air separation plant, from routine operations to solving production problems. They maintain compressors, pumps, valves, motors and related equipment. The technicians start up, shut down, and operate the plant. The plants are located at customer sites and are typically within an hour drive from the home location.
The technician must solve a variety of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and process control problems. The technician makes decisions which require coordination of interrelated tasks. The employee develops conceptual solutions to moderately difficult, non-routine issues/problems and provides guidance on technical leadership of projects.
Field Service Technicians are trained and mentored as they develop knowledge and skills. The employee is also supported with supervision, lead technicians, engineers, sales and other technical staff. Occasionally the technician will travel to locations outside the assigned areas to support those plants.
• Associate's degree in a technical field preferred, or equivalent Electromechanical experience
• 2 - 5 years of experience is highly desirable in many of the following fields:
• Air separation or similar complex process control function
• Instrumentation and control
• General maintenance of industrial equipment
• Compressors and compressor maintenance
• Industrial mechanical maintenance
• Industrial electrical or electrician
• Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
• Military technical fields; Machinist Mates, Electrician Mates, Gas Turbine Technicians, and Boiler Technicians
• Dependable and honest
• Safety commitment and compliance with procedures
• Driver’s license with clean record
• Trouble shooting and diagnostics
• Use volt-ohm meters, calibration devices, and data collectors
• Maintenance and repairs of industrial equipment
• Process understanding, process control schematic interpretation
• Computers, Microsoft applications, FIX 32, and process control computer systems
• Maintenance and compliance documentation
• Communications, both verbal and written
• Quality controls, analyzers
• Organization and time management
• Work Planning
• Self-directed learning
• Table in sometimes ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
• Maintain all Safety, Quality, and Compliance activities at each plant location
• Start up, shutdown, and operate the production processes.
• Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of process equipment including centrifugal and compressors, gas analyzers, control systems, electrical systems and process control valves
• Trouble shoot and repair defective equipment, electrical components, and production processes
• Time management
• Planning and executing operations and maintenance tasks for assigned plants
• Purchasing of materials and/or services such as contractors
• Monthly plant billing
• Documentation, reports, and other administrative duties