Date Posted: 7/19/2021 2:42:11 PM
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 6
Our client is a leading supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Location: Hillsboro, OR
• Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electronic / electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at global customer locations.
• Have the ability to assist in customer escalations and manage beta-site projects.
• Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety-first mentality.
• Will be required to develop action plans for problem resolution and be able to present to internal and external customers.
• Develop improvements for processes, hardware and software for continuous improvement of equipment / business operations.
• Solid hands-on trouble shooting foundation (no parts replacers) and aptitude to learn a variety of technical systems
• Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed-loop gas, and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor-based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
• Basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor-controlled electromechanical systems
• Safety mentality
• Maintain strong organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Working knowledge of Oscilloscope’s and DVM’s
• Clear and concise (English) verbal and written communications
• Knowledge of structured problem-solving techniques
• Working software knowledge of MS office
• Strong positive attitude with excellent customer service skills
• Ability to handle most customer situations
• Strong positive attitude
• Ability to work with hand tools
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work alone and/or with limited supervision
• Ability to work responsibly with all company resources
• Be able to interpret electronic / electro-mechanical schematics and drawings
• Must be able to work compressed workweeks and overtime when required.
• Must be able to work in a clean-room, fully suited in clean-room garments and self-contained breathing apparatus.