Date Posted: 3/16/2023 3:27:39 PM
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $65,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Production Supervisor positions with a family-owned produce wholesaler supplying specialty and tropical fruit, vegetables, and herbs to companies large and small throughout the Northeast region.
Location: Southwest Philadelphia, PA
Shift: 1st 6am-2pm (M-F), 2nd 2pm-10pm (M-TH) & 12-8pm (F), 3rd 10pm-6am (S-TH).
• Employer-paid family benefits.
• 14 days of PTO, after 90 days
• 401k with 4% match, after a year
Vaccine Requirement: None. Subject to Background check
As a Production Supervisor, you will play a pivotal role by managing daily production operations to ensure quality standards are met on every outbound order while remaining within the allocated budget and supervising Packing House employees. You will also act as the primary point of contact for the team during your shift. Responsibilities will include:
• Ensure that all products leaving the packing room are in top quality condition and properly identified via QC & label compliance.
• Assist in the Inventory and purchasing of packaging supplies within the assigned budget. Maintain the proper on-hand inventory of all supplies.
• Participate in all recruitment, retention, and performance management of department staff.
• Assist with ensuring KPIs and Departmental financial goals are achieved and track departmental metrics.
• Communicate with Managers and Supervisors to retrieve any late arriving products or supplies.
• 3+ years of team leadership experience.
• Excellent communication and customer service-minded attitude.
• Basic math skills.
• Proficiency with computers and ability to use warehouse management systems.
• Warehouse management, logistics, or related experience is beneficial to success.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Be adept at juggling multiple priorities.
• Experience managing and motivating a team.