Date Posted: 7/31/2020 8:40:56 AM
Location: New Bern, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $75,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with a company that is powering a sustainable future, one project at a time. Led by an experienced management team, our client develops, finances, operates and owns utility-scale and distributed power plants across the country. With more than 8 gigawatts of solar developed and more than 2.5 gigawatts under management, the company is one of the country’s leading solar and storage companies.
As a Field Service Technician, you will perform required preventative maintenance activities on solar PV systems. Responsibilities will include:
• Conduct on-site routine maintenance, service, troubleshoot and repair solar photovoltaic facilities.
• DC and AC testing included but not limited to polarity, open circuit voltage, grounding continuity, communication, insulation resistance testing, I-V curve tracing.
• Maintaining the vehicle, tools, meters and truck stock.
• Create service reports and maintaining spare parts inventory.
• Identify safety hazards and take appropriate action to remove or eliminate hazards.
• Create operability and major issue/downtime reports.
Location: New Bern, NC
Salary: $65K-$70K base with 10% bonus incentive
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, 401k plan with 10% company match, wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, referral bonus, $50 cell phone reimbursement, free parking/commuter programs, FSA, and HAS programs, five sick days, 15 PTO days, nine company paid holidays.
• Highly motivated with utility solar experience.
• NABCEP Certified Installation Professional.
• 2+ years of experience PV maintenance, including PV DC operations, AC medium voltage systems, network communications, and monitoring.
• Experience with operation of SCADA, DAS, and UPS systems.
• Skilled in the use of testing equipment and tools such as Thermographic Electrical Inspection, IV Curve Tracing, Meggers, Ground Fault Detection.
• Experience in all aspects of PV maintenance, including DC systems, AC medium voltage systems, and network communications and monitoring.
• Diagnostic capabilities to troubleshoot and correct problems found.
• Knowledge of National Electrical Code and standard design/construction practices.
• Ability to read and understand electrical single-line and three-line diagrams.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite.
• Ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal oversight.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• OSHA 10 HR Training.
• NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in workplace.