Date Posted: 8/23/2021 9:29:06 PM
Location: IE, OC, LA, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Our client plans, builds, and manages a diverse range of domestic and international project types that encompass development, new construction and renovation, facilities management for a variety of project types, including aviation and transportation, commercial office, educational, government, healthcare, mission critical, hospitality and leisure, industrial, justice and public safety, lab and research, multi-residence, museum and library, and more. Our client is an industry leader in the successful delivery of projects for both the public and private sectors providing real estate development, construction and facilities management services to support client’s needs.
Position: Safety Engineer
Location: Inland Empire, Orange County, Los Angeles, CA
The Safety Engineer is a resource for supporting the Safety Manager and project team in the successful completion of a construction project. This position assists the project team in planning, monitoring work activities and correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
• Gain knowledge of the Company Safety and Health Program, applicable Regulatory Standards which may include EM 385-1-1.
• Assist in the completion, maintenance, and management of the Accident Prevention Plan.
• Participate in the 6 Step Quality/Safety Process.
• Assist the Project Superintendent in the project site-specific safety orientation.
• Assist in the development and review of Activity Hazard Analysis.
• Conduct project safety audits.
• Assist in OSHA inspections, as necessary.
• Assist with accident and/or near miss investigations.
• Assist in monitoring subcontractor safety performance.
• Audit project safety point files.
• Assist the Project Superintendent in the implementation of the Safety Management Tool.
• Attend awareness and competent person level courses.
• Conduct Safety orientations.
• Working closely with subcontractors – split between field and office work
• Reports to the Safety Manager