Date Posted: 10/17/2022 5:05:21 PM
Location: Augusta, WI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $72,600 - $76,000
Orion Talent is helping a client hire a Shift Supervisor in Augusta, WI
Position Description: Provides direct leadership of specific areas within the Plant Supply Chain such as receiving and preparation of raw materials, fill and close seaming processes, Hydrostat retort process, and labeling or shipping product. This position is responsible for analyzing the key measures of cost, quantity, timeliness, safety, and productivity on a daily basis. Additionally, they are responsible for building operating and capital budgets in collaboration with teams to achieve short and long range objectives. Responsibilities also include the development and motivation of direct reports through effective leadership and communication principles
Location: Augusta, WI (Full Relocation)
Salary: $72.6k-$76k plus 25-40% bonus
• Bachelor’s Degree of Arts or Science (required 4 year degree) or equivalent experience
• Better Process Control School
• Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and web based programs
• Facilitation, coaching, and team building skills
• Lean Manufacturing tools; 6S, SMED and Kaizen, SPC, General mechanical/manufacturing knowledge
• It is an essential requirement of the job that the employee have the ability to function in a feedback-rich, team-based environment.
• Employees must possess good interpersonal skills and be compatible with co-workers
• Direct team leadership to meet area, plant, and company objectives. Includes the effective and efficient use of company materials and equipment and leadership of area employees. Directly responsible for all aspects of quality, safety, productivity, and maintenance. Also directly responsible for training and development of team members and ensuring area is appropriately staffed to meet operational objectives.
• Creating, implementing, and analyzing operational budgets for specific area of responsibility. Includes root cause analysis of issues and action plan steps to improve performance to budget.
• Planning and overseeing area capital budgets and projects. Includes vendor relations, negotiation, safety performance, site communication, and overall coordination of activities related to the project.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc.