Date Posted: 9/18/2023 6:00:00 PM
City, State: Louisville, KY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $28 - $34
Title: Service Technician
Location: Remote, home-based position in greater Louisville, KY
Shift: Primarily Mon.-Fri. normal daytime hours.
Compensation: $28-$34/hr. starting base rate or more for direct crane maintenance experience + O/T + bonus + variable daily per diem if out of town + vehicle for service travel + relocation. W2 $60K-$100K+.
Benefits: A comprehensive summary of benefits will be provided to all selected candidates.
Travel: Servicing clients typically within 2–3-hour radius with ~3-5 nights per month out of town for travel, depending on location.
Position Description: As the heart of the company, the Service Technician safely performs overhead crane service, maintenance, installation, and repair at customer sites with world-class customer service. Key responsibilities include:
• Inspect, maintain, repair electrical and mechanical crane and hoist systems at customer locations.
• Provide rotational on-call service as part of the service team with some emergency response.
• Troubleshoot & fix electrical, mechanical, and structural problems for certified crane operations.
• Make corrective recommendations for safe crane operations.
• Complete, document, and fulfill customer service work orders.
• Work with and support sales/account reps for service and business growth with customers
Requirements: Good, safe troubleshooting skills and experience on industrial or facilities systems.
• Electrical systems experience – 480v, variable frequency drives, & 3-phase motor control is ideal.
• Good mechanical aptitude – any experience on gears, drives, motors, controls, brakes is ideal.
• Ability to work at various heights, in some cases up to 60’ above ground serving overhead cranes.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must pass 10-panel drug test prior to employment.
• No more than 3 moving violations last 3 years, no DUIs last 3 years, and no felonies last 7 years.
Training & Development Program: Company has a robust, world-class training and development program. The first week is orientation at HQ in Springfield, OH for safety and technical training. The second week is remote virtual OSHA-10 & system integration. The next 2-3 months or longer you will have a mentor and shadow Senior Technicians, depending on skills, experience, and development. You will be cleared for individual service after completion. There is continuous coursework and training annually for best-in-class professional development along with growth opportunity for bigger jobs, larger clients, and progression into Senior Tech, and eventually with leadership into Ops Manager, Sales, etc.
Hiring Process: (1) candidate selection. (2) candidate assessment – basic electrical, basic mechanical, basic schematics, basic crane questions, basic math, majority is reading schematics and following diagrams – takes on average ~45-60 minutes to complete. Not a pass or fail, used as an indicator combined with your interview to assess experience for hire. (3) hiring manager virtual interview. (4) offer.