Date Posted: 12/6/2021 9:32:02 AM
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $100,000 - $110,000
Position: Senior ETL Developer
Location: REMOTE (Oklahoma City, OK would be a plus, NOT AT ALL a requirement)
Pay: $110,000 (6 month TTP)
Benefits: Tetra Tech offers competitive compensation, group medical & dental insurance as well as wellness benefits, 401k plan, employee stock purchase program, flexible work arrangements and paid vacation/holidays.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Tetra Tech’s innovative, sustainable solutions help our clients address their water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development challenges. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in every sector and to use that expertise throughout the project life cycle. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project.
Position Description: Sr .Net Developer
We are looking for a Sr. ETL Developer to support ETL and Data Migration
for a ground-up, software development program for an ongoing Federal government project. This person will report to the Data Team Manager and will work with developers, testers and analysts working in an agile environment.
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform source system analysis, profiling, data mappings, develop ETL and flows, and if needed, data modelling as needed for data migration
• Develop ETL scripts using best practices to migrate data from legacy systems to the target system considering efficiency, performance, and compliance
• Build ETL scripts (70 to 80% of the time) using SSIS and MS SQL Server, and other tasks (20 to 30% of the time)
• Periodically walkthrough the data model and ETL processes with the application team and business stakeholders
• Maintain in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, and industry trends for Data Migration and Architecture
• Design, implement and maintain security during data migration for PHI/PII data.
• Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure the design, data security, and integrity of the data is maintained.
• 10+ years proven working experience as a Data Warehouse or Migration developer
• Hands-on experience with implementing data migration standards
• Must be able to integrate and create ETL scripts with MS SQL Server and Oracle databases
• Working experience designing data models (Conceptual, Logical, and Physical)
• Advanced data modeling concepts, RDBMS concepts, and data warehouse concepts.
• Capable of understanding large-scale normalized (3NF) operation database model.
• Extensive experience with data modeling tools (ER Studio or similar).
• Excellent knowledge of security, integrity as it related to SQL
• Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding
• Familiarity with programming languages API
• Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
Must be able to pass a background check. This includes FAA initiated screening, fingerprinting, and drug screening. Must be suitable for Public Trust Clearance.