Date Posted: 9/15/2021 10:20:17 AM
Location: Sterling, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Junior Support Engineer positions with a company that develops and manufactures intelligent optical security systems.
Location: Sterling, VA
Salary: $70K to $80K + OT depending on qualifications & experience.
Schedule: 8:30am to 5:30pm - Monday through Friday. Weekends as needed.
Reports to: Director of Engineering & Productization
• Be an integral member of a world-class team of highly talented Engineers with cutting edge technology.
• Make an impact deploying the industry’s most innovative intelligent optical imaging systems.
• Company is growing rapidly with best-in-class products, in demand across the globe.
• Great competitive salary.
• Full Benefits (including company-paid health, dental, and 401K match). Company pays 100% of insurance premiums for employee and their family!
• Highly collaborative culture and dynamic work environment. Company works hard and has fun.
As a Junior Support Engineer, you will support the production, manufacturing, training, installation & maintenance, and support efforts of the company. Responsibilities will include:
• Provide support to company’s Global Sales & Operations (GSO) and Center of Excellence (COE) staff on a daily basis through the Case Management Portal (GCMP).
• Provide support to external customers on a daily basis through the GCMP, email support request, and phone support request.
• Provide support to Assembly & Test personnel on issues arising from final solution assembly and testing, component assembly, and component inspections.
• Assist in the creation, revisioning, and control of all customer facing technical specification sheets, technical manuals, testing documentation on company products and projects through the company’s Knowledge Base.
• Assist the Junior Design Engineer in the control and maintenance of the PDM vault.
• Assist the Software Testing and Configuration Management Engineer in the implementation, control, and maintenance of the Configuration Management/Change Management system.
• Cable assembly to include soldering on various cable types.
• Provide input to the company’s ISO 9001-2015 program.
• Provide input into the company’s ISO27001 program.
• This position regularly requires standing, walking, using hands, reaching with hands/arms, talking, and hearing. It frequently requires climbing or balance, stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, and lifting or moving weights of 50lbs.
• Close vision, distance vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus, and the ability to see color are required. These may be corrected with the use of glasses or contacts.
• Because the job requires the testing of electronic equipment, there is a risk of electrical shock. However, there is no exposure to high voltage. ESD training and ESD work environments are provided.
• On rare occasions, there may be a need to work in a high place or to use caustic adhesives.
• ASEE or AS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Basic Electronics Technician, or similar military training.
• Experience in installation and maintenance of computers and/or computer-based products, or plumbing-related field, preferred.
• Time management, oral and written communication skills, self-motivation, attention to detail.