Date Posted: 2/21/2023 2:57:18 PM
Location: National, ID
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $90,000
Title: Project Engineer
Shift: Regular working hours
Compensation: $65k - $90k, depending on experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits
Travel: Extensive travel required. Job sites are located throughout the US. The company will cover the costs and expenses of travel.
Vaccine Requirement: None
Support and work closely with the project management team. Assist in the execution of company policies and procedures, including project specific plans and specifications, and provide technical and specialized functional support and recommendations for carrying them out.
• Assist Project Manager with the following duties:
o Be familiar with and able to work off of drawings and specifications.
o Draft Change Orders
o Compile production and cost statistics.
o Coordinate materials, draft Purchase Orders.
o Schedule equipment rental, track arrival/departure.
o Prepare and update project schedules.
o Perform take-offs as assigned.
o Assist in job cost reporting.
o Assist in quality control and scheduling of inspections.
o Prepare PM Bi-Weekly Report.
o Prepare meeting notes.
o Prepare close out documents.
o Attend subcontractor, client, and scheduling meetings with Project Manager.
o Assist in Document Management tracking and system.
o RFI and submittals review, processing, distribution, and tracking.
o Coordinate purchase orders with appropriate invoices.
o Assist in setting up accounts and procurement.
o Oversee and track mail, FedEx, and UPS with transmittals or proper documentation.
o Develop proficiency in MS Office and Spectrum software.
o Assist project Superintendent and Project Manager with safety inspections and compliance.
• Participate and cooperate with every department while enthusiastically advocating teamwork and frequent communication.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Construction Management Degree other related field or equivalent construction experience.
• Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
• Ability to review and analyze cost reports.
• Some knowledge of codes (i.e. UBC, ADA, etc.).
• Knowledge of safety requirements.
• Confidentiality required.
• Willingness to travel via air and/or ground, often on short notice, and/or work on extended field assignments.
• Willing to work in a fast-paced production environment; may include physical labor and extended workdays and work weeks.
• Maintain a regular and dependable level of attendance.
• Ability to work well with co-workers, clients, subcontractors, and vendors in a professional manner.
• Self-motivated and disciplined.
• Strong skills in the following areas: attention to detail, decision-making, recordkeeping, highly organized, multi-tasking, grammar, and spelling.
• Some field experience preferred.
• Excellent phone skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. English - able to communicate, read and understand. Bi-lingual ability helpful (English/Spanish).
• Strong computer skills - MS Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, etc. Also, should have basic understanding of computer networking.
Since 1983, HRI has grown from a regional design-build contractor to an integrated solution provider of construction services supporting a broad range of clients nationwide. Our content expertise, established processes, and flexible contracting methodologies have provided our teams the ability to deliver consistent results for our clients coast-to-coast.