Date Posted: 7/22/2021 10:03:46 AM
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Our client is a leading baggage handling system design and operations/maintenance firm for airports across the globe. They provide strategically executed BHS design, consulting, concepts and planning, as well as comprehensive BHS/Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB) operations and maintenance. As one of the few owner-operated firms in the airport design, consultancy and operations marketplace, our client has achieved a long and successful history in the aviation community. Their value is derived from experienced and knowledgeable employees as well as management team’s more than 200 years of combined BHS engagement.
Position: Controls Program Technician
Location: Houston, TX
Pay: $24 - $29 per hour
• Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks, which will include, but not limited to, cleaning of conveyor and surrounding areas, removal of debris from between conveyors. removal and replacement of conveyor covers for inspection and cleaning, and the recognition of potential issues through audial and visual inspection.
• Monitor system operations, diagnose equipment failures, and work with management on a repair plan.
• Perform major adjustments to ensure system functionality and reliability pertaining to both electrical and mechanical items.
• Clear and reset baggage handling system jams in a safe and efficient manner.
• Take temperature and speed readings of components and belting.
• Perform full replacement, rebuilding, and adjustment of components, including but not limited to: bearings, motors, reducers, rollup doors, belts (replacement and repair), belts (tensioning and tracking), photoelectric cells, pushbuttons.
• Perform advanced replacement, set-up, and troubleshooting of electrical components including, but not limited to: MCP components,, local functional electrical switch boxes, VFD’s, ATR’s, belt shaft encoders, power and control wiring, coils, contactors, and interlocks.
• Able to read and completely understand wiring schematics.
• Work safely in a variety of locations that may include moving equipment and electricity, as well as small spaces, high spaces, dirty spaces, hot spaces.
• Attend requested/required training, demonstrating a willingness to learn.
• Follow and comply with any company and/or federally established policies and procedures.
• Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
• Must be able to read and interpret repair manuals and basic mechanical schematics
• Must have at least (3) years of mechanical work experience
• Must have at least (3) years of basic electrical and/or electronic systems work experience
• Must be able to undergo a 10-year background check and be able to obtain security clearance
• Must possess a valid drivers' license (with a clean driving record)
• Must be able to work as scheduled (this is a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation), with most shifts working 10 hours/day, 4 days/week. . .and will include holidays