Date Posted: 5/2/2023 3:01:38 PM
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $115,000
Title: Electrical Estimator
Location: Chicago, IL (Loop Office)
Shift: Standard salary exempt position daytime work hours
Compensation: $70K-$115K salary depending on experience + bonus + relocation + annual car allowance.
Benefits: Include ESOP, 5-10% of annual profits, car allowance, retirement, health care options and much more!
Travel: To construction sites and client locations as needed based on project needs, client’s needs, and business. You will drive to job sites, check out facilities, talk with clients, and most traveling in/around Chicagoland. There is a sizeable project with Meta in Dekalb.
Vaccine Requirement: Not Required
Position Description: The electrical estimator position is responsible for thoroughly reviewing all project documentation received during the bid process, compiling a detailed takeoff, generating an accurate estimate, and preparing a well-written proposal. This position is not responsible for sales, nor is it responsible for generating bidding opportunities. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in industrial and control-based estimating.
Requirements: Candidates must have:
• 5+ years’ experience with commercial and industrial electrical estimating required.
• Successful track record estimating and negotiating large, complex projects.
• Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques and estimating software. Accubid preferred.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc.
• Knowledge and experience in managing multi-disciplined projects, a plus.
• Strong conceptual estimating skills with limited information.
• Understanding plans and specifications.
• Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.