Date Posted: 7/13/2022 9:38:34 AM
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $75,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with the largest sales and service provider specializing in turf irrigation pump stations in the country.
Location: Atlanta Metro – ideally the eastern region!
Pay: $65,000 - $75,000, plus bonuses based on revenue generation, with consideration given to attitude, team play, neatness, timely paperwork, and care of company assets.
Shift: M-F normal hours with extended OT as required
Travel: This is a field service position, so anywhere from 1-3 nights per week you could be on the road. Company provides you with a car and travel per diem.
Benefits: Our client provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a stock option plan. The company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
• Full benefits—health and dental insurance, 401K, vacation-- following 90 days of employment.
• Company vehicle provided to experienced technicians.
• Laptop computer, cell phone, and special tools provided.
• All travel expenses covered—motels, food, & lodging.
• Continuous training to improve employee skills and create opportunities for advancement.
• Mentoring and strong internal support from experienced senior technicians and managers.
• Culture of a privately held company where its most valuable assets are its employees and their collective knowledge, skills, and work ethic.
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for service, installation, and repair of automated pump stations, pump controls, piping, valves, and related equipment, within your assigned operating area. You will be expected to identify opportunities for both new equipment and service sales, and work with both your Regional Field Service Manager and the Inside Sales Manager, as required, to secure orders for the company. As a representative of the company in direct contact with end-user customers, you will be expected to conduct yourself in a highly professional manner at all times. Responsibilities will include:
• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues on automated pump systems.
• Use a multimeter, process meter, megger, vibration meter, laser alignment tool, and other instruments to diagnose pump motors and controls issues.
• Instruct customers on proper procedures for operating and maintaining equipment.
• Install pump stations, pumps, and motors using cranes and other heavy equipment.
• Set up and maintain telemetry networks utilizing radios, cellular modems, DSL lines, etc.
• Perform pump station preventive maintenance.
• Promote sales of company products and services to solve customer problems.
• The ideal fit for this role is a military veteran that served in the nuclear Navy.
• Ability to work independently and be able to adapt well to a constantly changing schedule.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to learn to read and interpret wiring schematics, mechanical drawings, and technical literature.
• Travel/overnight stays during the week are necessary—DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRAVEL.