Date Posted: 5/24/2023 2:10:10 PM
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $25 - $33
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Generator Technician positions with a company that provides efficiently managed power and network infrastructure solutions for the cable, wireless and broadband industries and other businesses and institutions of all sizes.
Location: South Florida
Compensation: $25-$31/hr (OT is paid on any above 8/hr day, 40/hr+ work week guaranteed) + company vehicle
Travel: Typically, within 3hr territory, occasional overnight (company paid travel)
Benefits: Comprehensive healthcare benefits, 401(k), PTO
Vaccine Requirement: Not Required
As a Field Service Generator Technician, you will perform various types and levels of maintenance and repair on generators and parallel systems ranging from 5-5000kw. Troubleshooting and repair of Automatic Transfer Switches, to include bypass isolation, and closed transition types as well. Repairs will include performing preventative maintenance service (oil and filters), troubleshooting AC and DC circuits, removing, and replacing all components as necessary, performing warranty work per manufacturer’s guidelines, performing start-up/commissioning on new generators and generator systems. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Perform diesel or gaseous engine troubleshooting and repair to include but not limited to ignition components, injection systems, valve adjustments etc.
• Perform load bank testing on generator(s) to ensure units are in the proper operating conditions and meet applicable code requirements.
• Assist other technicians with large multi-person jobs or troubleshooting complicated issues.
• HS Diploma required; Associate degree in an electrical/mechanical related field preferred.
• US Air Force Electrical Power Production Specialist, Army 91D, US Navy Electrician’s Mate, or Generator and/or UPS field service technician