Date Posted: 8/18/2022 2:00:56 PM
Location: Doral, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $85,000 - $110,000
Orion Talent is helping an innovative leader in new construction and renovation projects hire a Project Manager in Dora, FL
Position Description: In collaboration with Construction, Operations and Site Operations Managers, provides overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies. Maintains liaison with all prime client contacts and ensures scheduling and profit objectives are met by monitoring construction and financial activities through administrative coordination with site operations manager. Prepares complete estimates for assigned project(s) either directly or through subordinate personnel. This position will either report to the Director of Construction Operations, the Operations Manager or Senior Project Manager.
Location: Doral, FL or Naples area
Salary: $85k-$110k Depending on experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or similar
• 10 years of experience in the AEC industry
• Demonstrated leadership skills, highly positive outlook, and flexibility
• This position is ultimately responsible for the project, from beginning throughout closeout.
• Contributes to project pre-plans by assisting in the establishment of objectives, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
• Initiates and maintains liaison with prime client and vendor contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
• Monitors and controls project through administrative coordination with site operations manager to ensure project is built in compliance with contract, on schedule and within budget; thoroughly investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures.
• Reviews proposal specifications and drawings, attends pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
• Prepares estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
• Coordinates total estimating effort relevant to bid/project as assigned.
• Represents Company in project meetings, assists in negotiation/strategy meetings, etc.
• Prevents and/or resolves problems.
• Works in conjunction with the Site Operations Manager, Senior Site Operations Manager or Safety Officer to ensure all safety practices are being followed on the jobsite.
• Manages financial aspects of contracts (fees, payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect Company’s interests and simultaneously maintain client satisfaction.
• Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
• Prepares baseline project schedule and updates.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as or directed by the President, Executive Vice President, Construction or Operations Manager, and/or Senior Project Manager.
• Handles change orders, subcontract agreements, owner invoicing and accounts receivable, project close-out, all project documentation, and risk management